Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,572   Posts: 1,545,652   Online: 976

Shooter
    35mm

Honeywell Nikor Film Developing Tank question

Looking to pick up a Honeywell Nikor Film Developing Tank but don't know about it. Does this need to be used in a darkroom? My Jobo can be used in a lit room and that's what I'm used to. It looks like it needs a darkroom but I can't tell for sure. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2012-10-23 at 4.38.19 PM.png 
Views:	23 
Size:	200.3 KB 
ID:	58800

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Once the film is loaded in complete darkness, the tank can be used in a lit room.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    You load the reels and assemble the tank in the dark, then you can pour chemicals in and out through the small opening at the top with the lights on. If you do not have a darkroom, buy a changing bag. That is a black lightproof bag with elastic armholes. You stick your arms in and load the film with the lights on.
    Chris Crawford
    Fine Art Photography of Indiana and other places no one else photographs.

http://www.chriscrawfordphoto.com

My Tested Developing Times with the films and developers I use

Become a fan of my work on Facebook

Fort Wayne, Indiana

Shooter
    35mm

Honeywell Nikor Film Developing Tank question

Thanks a bunch. Think ill pick it up

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I use the same brand of tanks. They work very well for me. You should do fine with them.

Here's a hint: Check to be sure the lid(s) fit snug and won't come off, accidentally.
    Every once in a blue moon, mine can come loose. It's mostly because I didn't double check to be sure they were on tight.

I often take a strip of black, vinyl electrical tape and wrap it around the joint between the tank body and the lid. That makes it 100% sure that the lid will stay on.

If they are in good condition, they won't leak very much at all but the tape also ensures that there is no leakage.

Maybe I'm a little OCD about it but, in my view, 5¢ worth of tape is worth the peace of mind it gives.
    Randy S.

In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.

-----

http://www.flickr.com/photos/randystankey/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Those reels are for 120 films. Your profile says you are 35mm shooter. Are you are of the differences? (ie. the spools in picture cannot be used with your 35mm film)
    Develop, stop, fix.... wait.... where's my film?

Shooter
    35mm

120 reels

Quote Originally Posted by tkamiya View Post
    Those reels are for 120 films. Your profile says you are 35mm shooter. Are you are of the differences? (ie. the spools in picture cannot be used with your 35mm film)
    I should update my profile. I do really enjoy playing with my Bronica etrsi as well. and my Yashica 124g

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin