Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,586   Posts: 1,545,813   Online: 1145

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Yes diluted XTol is one shot.

Water stop is fine. Real stop is just faster at stopping development. I use a real stop first then a 30 second rinse to protect my fix. You could do a two bath stop with water for the same effect.

I test the fix before each session with left over 35mm leaders. You're looking for the time to clear the film. If it clears in under a minute I reuse the fix. Clearing time x 2 is the minimum fix time. Some films like TMax and Delta need more time to help get rid of color tint, extra final rinse helps too.

For all the modern films I have played with the hypo clear step isn't required. Hypo clear's sole purpose in today's world seems to be for use with fiber based paper.
    Mark Barendt, Ignacio, CO

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Anaïs Nin

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Developer: use multiple soda (PET) bottles (1L or less) or better yet glass bottles filled to the top to keep your developer fresh
    Stop: water rinse is fine.....I rinse, discard, fill and let is sit a few minutes and dump again....overkill? Probably
    Fix: what everyone else said. I usually just keep track of the date and discard after 3 months unless I am doing a large volume of film since I don't usually hit the capacity in that time. I always give is a sniff too because that is a hint if it has gone bad.I never re-use fix that was used for printing.
    Permawash: don't bother for film. I only use it for fiber paper.
    Washing: Photoflo mixed tends to go bad on me (things growing in it). I usually mix 2-3 drops of concentrate per liter plus about 10ml of isopropyl alcohol.
    Your first 10,000 pictures are the worst - HCB

www.markjamesfisher.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin