Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,982   Posts: 1,523,845   Online: 1006

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by artonpaper View Post
    I loved HC-110 with Tri-X before they reformulated Tri-X and the developing times for dilution B are now too short for roll film on a reel. I have always found the grain structure and shadow density produced by the TX/HC110B combo to be much more to my liking than D-76. Rodinol has wonderful qualities, but for me HC-110 was it.

Another thing about shelf life, I had someone give me bottles of very old HC-110. He said it worked fine. I saw a big difference in base fog, highlight separation, and D-Max areas when I processes a test roll (AKA a roll my wife shot). So it's shelf life is not infinite. Now that I got my old M2 repaired and fitted with a nice Summicron M lens, I'm playing with Tri-X in Rodinol, and T-Max 400 in HC-110B. Neither will be like the TX in HC-110. Sad face here.
    Well, nothing can stay on the shelf forever and not change. Rodinal goes too. But, why stay with dilution B? You can go to a higher dilution if you want a longer time, HC-110 is remarkably consistent over a wide dilution range. I long ago switched to using ratios that I could mix without thinking too hard. 1:50, 1:75 etc.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by erikg View Post
    Well, nothing can stay on the shelf forever and not change. Rodinal goes too. But, why stay with dilution B? You can go to a higher dilution if you want a longer time, HC-110 is remarkably consistent over a wide dilution range. I long ago switched to using ratios that I could mix without thinking too hard. 1:50, 1:75 etc.
    I have considered that and perhaps I need to try it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin