Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,544   Posts: 1,544,424   Online: 1078

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by fastw View Post
    I will try the Tri-x. They sell it only in 5packs though.
    For a big portrait project I would think this would be OK. I know you'll be happy with Tri-X... classic; there should be no doubts. But if you decide you want to try a for a fine grainless look also try FP4+.

Shooter
    35mm
    If you are not going to print the film then you could do worse than consider using Ilford XP2. It is a ISO400 C41 film, black-and-white but with a clear base. You can get the benefit of the dye-image in your scanning, while still having the option of very smooth and flattering darkroom prints in the future in case you get the opportunity.

For a very 'filmy' look Delta3200 in 120 (at for example EI1600) looks great, but you might be better off making prints and then scanning those, in order to retain the 'atmosphere' if you really want the hybrid workflow.

Also, try some sample shots with and without a tripod. You may notice a difference, especially with that camera.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    if you process your tmy in a different developer
    you will find the grain.
    i process it in coffee, and for years before that
    i processed it in a print developer called ansco 130
    beautiful grain ...
    xxx is a great film too,
    buy lots of it cause it is a real drag having to scavenge film and cobble together
    another mother lode to finish a project after you start with one thing, and can't get it anymore...

have fun !
    john
    silver magnets, trickle tanks sold
    artwork often times sold for charity
    PM me for details

Shooter
    35mm
    Blog Entries
    Images
    If you shoot HP5+ or TX400 at ISO 320 and develop in Rodinal 1:50, you'll get nice grain and a very pleasing range of tones.
    And the sign said, "long haired freaky people need not apply"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin