Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,895   Posts: 1,520,953   Online: 890

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

So, how's the new Fomapan 100 (clear base) ?

Any shooters out there who have some experience with the new Fomapan 100 with clear base?

(Tried searching but I didn't find much on this).

What I am wondering about the most, is if the 120 version now has better quality control (less scratches and pinholes etc).

Anyone noticed any difference in that respect?
    Love the tonality, hated the lines, spekcs and weirdness.
    -
    "Nice picture, you must have an amazing camera."
    Visit my photography blog at: http://helino-photo.blogspot.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Helinophoto View Post
    Any shooters out there who have some experience with the new Fomapan 100 with clear base?

(Tried searching but I didn't find much on this).

What I am wondering about the most, is if the 120 version now has better quality control (less scratches and pinholes etc).

Anyone noticed any difference in that respect?
    Love the tonality, hated the lines, spekcs and weirdness.
    Its perfect! I shot a few rolls 120 in the recent weeks.
    Got mine in Germany. exp 1/2014

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Developed 8 rolls this weekend. QC wise I think it is about the same as the blue base, maybe better. However, I've never had lines even with the blue base. I have had a few pinholes and a few areas where the emulsion looks thinner, small splotches but those are very rare, 1 out of 80 shots. I certainly like clear base much more for looking at my negatives on a light table, even though it doesn't make much difference when printing.

I would give the film another shot.

I had several problems earlier this year but after making some adjustments, none since. It is wonderful film.
    Bachelor of Fine Arts and Bachelor of Arts: Journalism - University of Arkansas 2014

Canon A-1, Canon AE-1, Canon Canonet GIII 17, Argus 21, Rolleicord Va, Mamiya RB67, Voigtländer Bessa

http://darkroom317.deviantart.com/

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Pretty solid experience here. Out of ten rolls, one had some weird splotches/pinholes (of course in the skies) so that roll was shot, but the other were perfect. Found that kinda odd.
    K.S. Klain

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ok, sounds promising.

Currently shooting up my older rolls of Foma (testing a couple of TLR's i bought used) and I was wondering if I should order some more soon.
    Got a bit taken back by the resulting negs though, my oleder blue-base rolls have loads of errors and weirdness going on, so I though I should hear if there has been any improvements before pulling the trigger. ^^
    Last edited by Helinophoto; 10-29-2012 at 10:46 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    -
    "Nice picture, you must have an amazing camera."
    Visit my photography blog at: http://helino-photo.blogspot.com

Shooter
    Multi Format

So, how's the new Fomapan 100 (clear base) ?

I've always disliked the foma blues. Very interesting that it is now clear. Hopefully it's also less prone to scratches and bends/crinkles. I'd would like to try it, as I love printing with clear bases such as tmax 100.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin