Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,908   Posts: 1,521,518   Online: 889

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ooze View Post
    Great news. Any idea what this statement might entail? “We have many things due to be launched in 2013 and are very excited about the future.”
    Yeah, I'm very intrigued now ....
    - Jeff (& sometimes Eva, too) - http://www.jeffbannow.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I certanly am glad that they are doing well. I'll continue to use mostly their products.
    Bruce

Moma don't take my Kodachrome away!
    Oops, Kodak just did!

BruceCSdunekPhotography.zenfolio.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Congratulations to Ilford.

Shooter
    35mm
    Maybe they will have color negative and positive film?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Good news indeed.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Looks like a lot of diversification into non-photographic areas. Good strategy for the longevity of Ilford if/when the decline of demand for B&W film/paper outstrips their market-share gains.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    10% profit is quite healthy for any company.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Interesting contrast with Kodak. I think the reason that Ilford is successful is that they are the right size for the market. Kodak is simply too big to support the sales they can realistically expect from film. Ilford is the right size and their market is no longer contracting (I think!). Kodak sales, with their reliance on movie film, will likely continue to shrink. I suspect that for films like Tri-x and Tmax to survive, the Kodak film group will need to be much closer to the size of Ilford to be viable long term......a tough pill to swallow unless the division is sold.
    Your first 10,000 pictures are the worst - HCB

www.markjamesfisher.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Good news Ilford, don't expand the product line to every whim, keep the product line tight and you will stay in business.
    Last edited by Andre Noble; 10-31-2012 at 10:00 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Andre Noble, Beverly Hills California http://andrenoble.com/

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I hope I'm not being too maudlin, or naive, but here goes: Ilford seem to try to make a few good products, release it in the market, and say "we think it's good, now buy it on its merits or don't." People who are serious about high quality and fair market competition on that basis respect that. So no wonder that it's working out well! Kodak always seemed to have a gimmick or a razor and blade strategy (offer at a loss cameras in yet another new film format, to rope you into buying their film). Plus Ilford are just refreshing compared to all the other companies on Earth right now selling you (a) things you don't want bundled with what you do; or (b) what you want but in package 18 times the size you need so you essentially prepay them and incur the inventory carrying cost; or (c) only low-quality goods made in sweat shops even if you're able and willing to buy a high-quality product. Yes I know it's not fair to compare Ilford (selling to almost entirely hobbyists, often wealthy) to telecoms companies or Ikea who have to serve the entire public. But I've done it nevertheless! Anyway, go Ilford!
    --Dave

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin