Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,985   Posts: 1,523,965   Online: 825
      
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 42
  1. #11
    AgX
    AgX is offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Germany
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    8,352
    The film division went into oblivion meranwhile, only the roof tiling branch still exists.

  2. #12
    StoneNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Connecticut, USA
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Posts
    7,043
    Images
    223

    GAF Arial film development questions

    I know PE said its good enough, and he knows a LOT but I'm a perfectionist and would prefer to at least know what GAF recommended for their film, ya know? When I scan these ill know the grain issues better and perhaps be able to adjust better with the original instructions. (unlike Kodak/Agfa/ORWO who included a pamphlet with their films which has helped me with other old films from before my time).




    ~Stone

    The Noteworthy Ones - Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1 / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

  3. #13
    PDH
    PDH is offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    489
    I think GAF ceased all photo production in 77 ot 78. The Air Force did use GAF black and white film and paper, but was not well liked, at least where I was stationed. I was not in the recom unit so I never developed any areo GAF areo film, we souped standard GAF film in Kodak Chemistery I do recall seeing some GAF chemeistery around as well. GAF 500 was really grainey and much faster than TriX, I really did not like it. The 100 speed film was good. Air Force tech manuales will have the times, just dont know where you find one.

  4. #14

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Southern USA
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    3,769
    GAF marketed several developers for both film and paper. The film developers were Isodol, Hyfinol, and Normadol. I would assume that one of these was recommended for this film.
    A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral.

    ~Antoine de Saint-Exupery

  5. #15

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Southern USA
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    3,769
    The US military used the same developers for aerial film no matter the manufacturer of the film.
    A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral.

    ~Antoine de Saint-Exupery

  6. #16
    PDH
    PDH is offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    489
    I have few cans of GAF developers around, I think Normadol is there version of D76, at least D76 times seem to work.

  7. #17
    StoneNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Connecticut, USA
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Posts
    7,043
    Images
    223

    GAF Arial film development questions

    Quote Originally Posted by PDH View Post
    I have few cans of GAF developers around, I think Normadol is there version of D76, at least D76 times seem to work.
    You still have some? It can't possibly be any good can it? I know the film is old or it works really well in ilfsol 3 as far as not having fog, but it's super contrasty which I like but also would like to see what else this can do.

    Side note, I'm also looking for a different 70mm reel, the one I have is from a lab that is loaded by machine so hand loading it I end up kinking it and having issues, one made for 70mm would be better, an APUGer a while ago said he would sell me one but then stopped responding and then I found this one, but it's kind of crap and so anyone have a good reel? Mine looks hand wound so the metal isn't completely even which is why the kinks and track slips happen...

    Also I made a daylight tank contraption but it had light leak and so a 70mm daylight tank would be awesome as well


    ~Stone

    The Noteworthy Ones - Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1 / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

  8. #18
    StoneNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Connecticut, USA
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Posts
    7,043
    Images
    223

    GAF Arial film development questions

    Thanks, that's helpful I'll look up info on that but I think I'll try the D67 first and compare


    ~Stone

    The Noteworthy Ones - Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1 / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

  9. #19
    PDH
    PDH is offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    489
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    You still have some? It can't possibly be any good can it? I know the film is old or it works really well in ilfsol 3 as far as not having fog, but it's super contrasty which I like but also would like to see what else this can do.

    Side note, I'm also looking for a different 70mm reel, the one I have is from a lab that is loaded by machine so hand loading it I end up kinking it and having issues, one made for 70mm would be better, an APUGer a while ago said he would sell me one but then stopped responding and then I found this one, but it's kind of crap and so anyone have a good reel? Mine looks hand wound so the metal isn't completely even which is why the kinks and track slips happen...

    Also I made a daylight tank contraption but it had light leak and so a 70mm daylight tank would be awesome as well


    ~Stone

    The Noteworthy Ones - Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1 / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I will check to see what I have left, might have some Normadal left, I know that have a lot of replensiher left. So far it has mixed well, sealed cans. If I have any left I will post and send you a can or 2.

  10. #20
    StoneNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Connecticut, USA
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Posts
    7,043
    Images
    223

    GAF Arial film development questions

    Quote Originally Posted by PDH View Post
    I will check to see what I have left, might have some Normadal left, I know that have a lot of replensiher left. So far it has mixed well, sealed cans. If I have any left I will post and send you a can or 2.
    Oh wow! That's awesome! Then I can develop and compare! Super thanks in advance even just for the gesture.

    Also the ilfsol fixer I had been using didn't have Hardener as far as I could tell and I noticed some scratching and so I picked up some Kodak rapid fixer with hardener and it SEEMED to help, but I was also more careful, think that was the scratching cause?


    ~Stone

    The Noteworthy Ones - Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1 / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast


 

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:



Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin