Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,312   Posts: 1,536,659   Online: 845

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerald C Koch View Post
    One has to be careful with edge effects as when overdone they lead to very strange looking prints.
    That was certainly true of Crawley's Acutol S with 35mm film, I tried if before I bought my own MF camera and it was too graphic, but people said at the time it was excellent with MF or larger negatives.

It's worth high-lighting that the good (reputable) photograpers who advocated these developer or stand development and/or other techniques to enhance acutance are using predominantly LF or ULF and they contact prints.

I had this discussion with Ralph Lambrecht 18 months ago and we realised no one had thought abot the importance of acutance and format

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    In the early '20s, KRL produced "Out of the Fog", the first scripted motion picture film in the world. Sitting here viewing it, I see that the cream of the crop of KRL came from England to Rochester USA under the direction of C. E. K. Mees. In fact, the title is an allusion to the arrival of the researchers on US soil from the UK.

The film was silent, but was ultimately narrated by Knobby Clark, one of the outstanding Kodak researchers who relocated to the US.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    These developers are similar to many in common use. Amidst all this, it is remarkable how well D-76 does in comparison to the AH formulae, especially with Tri-X. (But this was a different Tri-X than we have now.) It is generally better than any of them. AH-3 is quite similar to D-25, and it does a quite marvelous job with Panatomic-X, according to the post. It might be worth another look with fine grain films.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin