Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,496   Posts: 1,571,424   Online: 1111

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

uneven development with divided pyrocat in drums

I've been developing film in print drums for a while and never noticed any uneven development. I've used D76, HC110 and Rodinol (1:50). Now I have some shots that I believe I grossly overexposed so I decided to try divided pyrocat to limit the development of the highlights. It seems to be working except I'm getting more development on one of the edges. Any idea on why I'm only noticing this problem with divided pyrocat MC (A1:20,B1:20)?

Thanks
    Chris

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The drum is probably not level. This cries for a prewet, but you cannot do it with a 2 bath developer.

PE

Shooter
    Large Format
    In my experience Jobos are not the best way to do two-bath development. Development is quite rapid once the b solution hits and the longer exchange times between chemical baths cause streaking due to uneven development. I dip and dunk in tanks instead or do inversion with a couple of combi-plans - a solution in one, b solution in the other.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, there is that too!

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Using a drum with its constant agitation is also not recommended for divided development.
    A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral.

~Antoine de Saint-Exupery

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin