Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,536   Posts: 1,544,228   Online: 755

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I just want to make the record straight. I started this thread since I see there are more posts on B&W, compared to color. I was curious as to why. Then I made some observations and wanted to see what the other folks think. Most of the discussions are objective and I could see from other angles. But some of the folks, like this Roger Cole boy, started to argue, even tried to attack me. It is fine you can have your opinion and I can have my opinion. You do not have to get excited just because of the way someone else thinks differently.

Whatever it goes, it is always good to have an open mind and listen to what others have to say.

We should close this thread and do not get this out of control. Absolutely no need to get excited, or agitated
    A photo amateur
    Sinar P2/F2/Nikon F100/Bronica ETRSi/GS/Saunders 4550XLG/Jobo CPP2/CPE+/Colorline 7000

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristopherCoy View Post
    troll, troll, troll.....

I said it earlier.
    And I agree now.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blah, blah, blah....
    A photo amateur
    Sinar P2/F2/Nikon F100/Bronica ETRSi/GS/Saunders 4550XLG/Jobo CPP2/CPE+/Colorline 7000

Shooter
    Multi Format
    "Ignore this thread" - it's a wonderful thing. Buhbye.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by RedSun View Post
    Is this a joke?

For color, in addition to density and contrast, you'll have to consider color balance. The darkroom practices are also harder: safelight is not safe with color, more stringent requirements on chemical temperature and the faster aging of color paper.
    I just want to pick up on this even though this thread is coming to an end.

A few posters have demonstrated so far that a safelight is safe with colour and many use chemicals at room temperature. It's not a joke to claim this. Once you have some experience the colour balance issue isn't really that much of an issue. Colour paper does age quicker, but that doesn't make printing more difficult.

I think it's correct to say that once you've nailed RA4, there's little to talk about. With B&W there's so many variations to chat about.
    Steve.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Cole View Post
    "Ignore this thread" - it's a wonderful thing. Buhbye.
    Then just go away..... Is that easy? Why do you still sniff around??
    A photo amateur

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Peltigera View Post
    "while maintaining the syntax of two millenniums ago..." Err, that would be the syntax of 0012, then - classical Latin?
    So funny. I use Google to see how to spell Millennium and don't take the time to lookup what it means.

Shooter
    35mm
    Redsun, since my post pointing out that certain safelights were safe with colour RA4 printing at least three others who have had experience with RA4 have said the same but you still state the opposite.

These three are not the only three whom I know to have stated this. Over the years and thousands of posts on colour others have also stated the same.

If you regard APUG as a forum to ask questions and gain knowledge I think you need to ask yourself why APUGers whom in the past I have never seen getting annoyed, have done so.

One day those APUGers who can help you may decide not to do so or have already done so based on an impression you have given them which would be a pity for you. It won't affect them.

I have assumed so far that your aim is not deliberate provocation. If so then I suggest you ask yourself how to get information and discuss matters on APUG without upsetting others.

When it is clear that your position differs diametrically from others and the discussion can go no further without things getting nasty then it is time to say " I respect your position but we will have to agree to differ" It works wonders.

Sometimes threads come to a natural end and it is then time to move on.

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I think I asked the right question at the wrong forum. This is a B&W forum. So no members here would admit that B&W is easier to do on the technical side. That is fine. We just move on.

On the safelight discussion, it is not me who says that safelight is not suitable for color printing. If you open any books on photography, read any labels on any color papers, they all say the same thing. I've heard some horror stories on some stores who sell cut color papers cut under some "safelight" and the papers were all fogged. I know Thomas safelight has the filters for color printing, but users have different opinions on it. I have the Thomas light and color filters, but I do not use it for color printing.

Same thing with processing in open tanks and in room temperature. Room temperatures can range between 605 F to 75 F. I do not think that the results would be the same with the same room temperature chemicals.

It is like going to a building work area where there is a sign "Keep out, Dangerous". But someone does not believe it and goes there often. Then he would say it is perfect safe to ignore the warning. Then some day, a brick fell and hit him hard.....

Anyway, if someone does not agree with my observation, that is fine. This person does not have to use strong words against me. I realize I asked in the wrong forum. We just move on....
    A photo amateur

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I haven't printed color in a long time but, when I did, it was RA4, in trays, at room temperature. The chemistry temperature would drop (or rise) about 5 degrees, during the sessions, depending on whether it was winter or summer. To check on shifts, at the end of the printing session I would return to the first negative and re-print it. There was absolutely no change in the results.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin