Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,826   Posts: 1,582,054   Online: 780

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I dunno. I've seen safelights used with color. Maybe I am just a wacko. Take some time and really try to master either technique instead of belittling one over the other or inferring information without experience. From the other posts, it's clear experience in darkroom, whether color or BW, is lacking.

Added to ignore list. Done Trolling.
    K.S. Klain

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Huh, another one? If you keep posting, that means you do read it and not ignore it. I've not seen a more silly way to make a statement.
    I started working in darkroom probably before you picked a camera the first time.
    A photo amateur
    Sinar P2/F2/Nikon F100/Bronica ETRSi/GS/Saunders 4550XLG/Jobo CPP2/CPE+/Colorline 7000

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by RedSun View Post
    We just move on....
    Haven't we moved on yet? I really think we should

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Someone does not
    A photo amateur
    Sinar P2/F2/Nikon F100/Bronica ETRSi/GS/Saunders 4550XLG/Jobo CPP2/CPE+/Colorline 7000

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by RedSun View Post
    It is like going to a building work area where there is a sign "Keep out, Dangerous". But someone does not believe it and goes there often. Then he would say it is perfect safe to ignore the warning. Then some day, a brick fell and hit him hard.....
    some people even ignore expiry dates on films and use them rather than throw them away.
    Steve.

Hawthorn Oz, then MI USA from March 14, 2015!
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by perkeleellinen View Post
    Suzanne is right isn't she? Most who shoot colour scan and we don't talk about that. I wonder how many colour printers there are here. 50?

I am a colour printer

Find it too hard to hybrid print from colour negs/slides at home. Easier in the darkroom for me.
    Cheers - Andy C
    ---------------------

16mm Cine, 35mm, 120, 5x4 & 7x5.

Shooter
    35mm
    Steve.

Hawthorn Oz, then MI USA from March 14, 2015!
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by perkeleellinen View Post
    Already had. Post #23
    Cheers - Andy C
    ---------------------

16mm Cine, 35mm, 120, 5x4 & 7x5.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Did B&W in HS, Cibachrome till it's demise, alot of inkjet/lab color, now a little bit of B&W once again. All the inkjet/lab color is faded away, even the stuff under glass/covered. The Cibachrome is indestructible, the old B&W Panalure is holding it's own and the real silver B&W is timeless. I don't waste my time or money on color printing now. Regards.
    Kodachrome Rules:)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Iskra 2 View Post
    Did B&W in HS, Cibachrome till it's demise, alot of inkjet/lab color, now a little bit of B&W once again. All the inkjet/lab color is faded away, even the stuff under glass/covered. The Cibachrome is indestructible, the old B&W Panalure is holding it's own and the real silver B&W is timeless. I don't waste my time or money on color printing now. Regards.

My sole interest is in enunciating the world with colour. I do occasionally dabble in B&W but nowhere near as often or as much as around 20 years ago.
    And how does one qualify that "Cibachrome is indestructible"? The best of the Ilfochrome printers will tell you it's not indestructible. It actually can fade, is prone to scuffing, creasing and scratching. The stuff has staying power, certainly, but expose it to heat (as many Ilfochrome prints in poorly set up galleries are) and it will fade rapidly. I'm personally glad we are free of Ilfochrome now, despite having a lot to say about its demise at the time (along with the extraordinarily frequent price rises and factory demands for larger roll orders). Modern alternative materials have got a leg up on the old bastion of Ilfochrome and will continue to improve in the next few years — I know this by comparing test work of 14 years ago to current work produced for gallery/exhibition. I don't consider the world to be a poorer place in the absence of Ilfochrome, colour darkrooms, B&W darkrooms, traditional printing or, for that matter, the emergency of the digital revolution and the likely loss of film within 15 years. Just go with what you are comfortable with, for as long as you want. No sweat if something is lost by the roadside in the journey.
    “The photographer must determine how he wants the finished print to look before he exposes the negative.
    Before releasing the shutter, he must seek 'the flame of recognition,' a sense that the picture would reveal
    the greater mystery of things...more clearly than the eyes see."
    ~Edward Weston, 1922.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin