Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,702   Posts: 1,548,447   Online: 978

Page 1 of 8 1234567 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

Why B&W Forum is 4x More Active than the Color Forum?

B&W is so easy, compared with color processing and printing. I'll be interested in figuring out what people are discussing

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Because black and white film is better than color. *Everyone* knows that.

No idea what's going to happen next, but I'm hoping it involves being wrist deep in chemicals come the weekend.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    No, there is no such thing of one technology better than the other one.
    I was thinking at this stage of film photography, BW is more accessible and attracts more audience. It is harder to set up darkroom for color photo work. It costs about $200 to set up a BW darkroom. But it costs much more for color, from chemical to processor.

So the popularity.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    They need to make a way for sarcasm to be better transmitted through the intertubes...
    No idea what's going to happen next, but I'm hoping it involves being wrist deep in chemicals come the weekend.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    More photographers do black & white processing and printing than color processing and printing.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Actually I get bored with BW and want to move on to tackle color. It is harder and requires more resource.
    No flame, I still like BW. But I feel that I'm missing a lot of things just with BW. Not much can compare to color slides.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I actually prefer black and white and sometimes find color images distracting. But, as with everything, to each his/her own.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Room temp colour printing is dead easy, yes the outlay form chems is more, the paper is about half the cost, and colour enlargers are dirt cheap.

Now if you have a problem judging the colour balance of a print, then yes it would be a royal pain.
    Bob

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You almost never do color printing in open trays. You need to invest a film/print processor. Also, by not doing in the open tray, it takes some of the enjoyment away from printing photos. You can't see the images coming up.

As to the enlarger, all enlargers can do B&W, but only the color head can do color printing. You can argue that any BW enlargers can do color printing with proper filters, but clearly that is a pain to do that.

Shooter
    35mm
    I hate to state the obvious but has it occured to you that there is 4 times as much interest in B+W on this forum than colour? If it were the other way round colour would be 4 times more active than B+W. It's that simple. It isn't something that needs to be ANALaysed.

Page 1 of 8 1234567 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin