Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,727   Posts: 1,515,129   Online: 1111

Shooter
    Large Format

sprint chemicals

I heard that sprint makes a fixer that smells like vanilla or something? The guy next door says he can smell the chemicals. He is old and and always looking for something to bitch about, but as soon as the exhaust fan goes on he starts to complain. What I can't understand is that he does not smell the cigar! Personally I like the smell of fix makes me want to be in the darkroom.

Happy Holidays to all.
    georgic

ann

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    it's the stop bath, or it waa when we used their product years ago. but it wasn't strong like baking cookies I don't remember the fixer had a special ordor but i will take that over cigars anyday.

Shooter
    35mm
    I am currently using Sprint chemistry, and Ann is right, only the stop bath has an added vanilla scent. But I would also describe the developer and fixer as less "smelly" than the Kodak products.

Gim

Do a scientific study. Turn the exhaust fan on without any chemicals around. If he complains you have a pretty good argument that he just wants to complain about something. Hearing the fan may be triggering his action. Would probably be a good idea to cut down the smell if possible anyway.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin