Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,955   Posts: 1,522,807   Online: 960

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jnanian View Post
    thanks for the info ...
    these humidity controlled freezer &c ... are these freezers and controls available for everyday people to purchase and are they large enough to
    hold a pallet of photographic film ?

it would not much use if freezer cost more than the pallet of film ! LOL

lucky for me i have a meat locker, but i can't really control the humidity ...
    My freezer is old German one made by AEG in 1982, have dehumidifier in the room and use moisture-proof envelops and boxes.
    You can use dehumidified room or cabinet 25% - 30% RH @ 21°C (70°F) for at least 24 hours, then move the films/paper in the freezer.

Here's one more from that 1985 TechPan roll (sat mostly in the fridge), from my gallery here on APUG http://www.apug.org/gallery1/showimage.php?i=56517&catid=member&imageuser=43025

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by georg16nik View Post
    BrianShaw, I will try summarize..
    Many thanks!

Brian

Shooter
    Multi Format

Thinking of investing in $5,000 - $10,000 of film. Suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by georg16nik View Post
    My freezer is old German one made by AEG in 1982, have dehumidifier in the room and use moisture-proof envelops and boxes.
    You can use dehumidified room or cabinet 25% - 30% RH @ 21°C (70°F) for at least 24 hours, then move the films/paper in the freezer.
    Thanks for this ISO info you have summarized. It will be helpful for my modest archiving goals.

Images
    Tech pan rocked. Too bad I missed it. That and XX
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin