Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,928   Posts: 1,585,174   Online: 790

Shooter
    35mm

Replenish two bath?

Many two bath developers are based on D-23. According to the books - Anchell, etc - if D-23 is used straight, it should be replenished or used as a one-shot. Yet when it's used as the first part of a two bath, the conventional wisdom is use it for up to 20 rolls with no replenishment or extension of time. Does anyone replenish it or just use for 20 or so rolls and then toss it? Thanks.

It is so cheap I used to use it one time and toss it. Why risk an image you worked so hard to put on film ?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    He was asking about the two bath variant which is reused without replenishment.

In any case, replenishment can have other benefits to the image as well.

Anyway, in regards to replenishment, there's article here on unblinkingeye about Divided D-23
    http://unblinkingeye.com/Articles/DD-23/dd-23.html

It's just D-23 with an alkaline after bath. So I'd start with either the standard replenishment rate (but I'd think youd use more chemistry replenishing then using it straight, tossing and remxing @ 20 rolls/L), or divide the replenishment rate down into normal usage capacity over divided usage capacity.

But it does seem slightly pointless.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin