Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,775   Posts: 1,484,488   Online: 905

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    How many times do you reuse the developer? Originally Thornton wrote that one litter is enough for 15 rolls, but as the first bath really is a developing phase, there must be visible changes if developing time is not adjusted or refreshed.

I use Thornton's two bath but mainly when I only want to develop lot of bulk negatives that likes compensating nature of the developer.

From time to time I have thoughts that I'll dump d-76 and use only Thornton's d-23 variant but it would require so much studying and trials that I haven't never gone fully to Thornton's two bath.

I guess that in critical work at least first developer should be used as one shot?

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Bath A should not be used as one-shot because this is just wasteful and unnecessary. The main thing to watch is Bath B which should not be over used. Bath A is more than capable of processing 30 films. Bath B can only be relied upon for consistent results up to 15 rolls.

Personally, I mix 1 litre of Bath A and 2 litres of Bath B decanted into two 1 litre bottles. I use one bottle of Bath B for 15 films, then dump and then use the second bottle for a further 15 rolls. Bath A is used for all 30 rolls.

I am sure that you could process even more but, with the chemicals being so cheap, I do not take the risk.

I have used the above system for many years with consistent results.

Best,

David
    www.dsallen.de
    D.S. Allen, fotograf.

Neue 3D Ausstellung/New 3D exhibition: www.german-fine-arts.com/berlin.html
    Neue Fotos/New Photos: http://shop.german-fine-arts.com/d-s-allen.html
    Vita/CV: www.german-fine-arts.com/allen.php

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin