Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,968   Posts: 1,523,410   Online: 1096

Shooter
    Multi Format

The Joys of The Darkroom

I've been printing for a couple of weeks now, so quite new to that sort of thing ... and I just spent a couple of pleasant hours contact printing 5x4 pinhole shots.

As the prints started to dry, they did seem a bit of an odd colour though ... sort of yellowy, pinky ... and it seemed to be getting worse and darker the longer I looked at them ... hmmm ... better google for "yellowing prints" ... not washing enough? No, washed in running water for longer than the approved time for RC paper ... developer problem? No, freshly made ... well then, exhausted fixer? No, definitely came out of the bottle marked "print fixer 1+9" ... hmmm .... let's just sniff that fixer ... ah-hah, light dawns ...

well, I have no idea what was in the bottle marked fixer, but it wasn't fixer ...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    My actual JOB job, that I started doing a while back, is dyeing yarn. There are days now when I smell like ammonia and vinegar *AT THE SAME TIME*. I love those days. It means I did two of my favorite things.
    Last edited by Stephanie Brim; 11-10-2012 at 05:42 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Words. They are hard.
    No idea what's going to happen next, but I'm hoping it involves being wrist deep in chemicals come the weekend.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    exactly ... I sort of knew something was missing all evening, but the penny hadn't dropped that it was the smell ...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I use my darkroom for several things including tie dyeing. The jug of "water" I grabbed to mix up a bag of fixer turned out to be some soda ash mixture used for fixing the dye into the fabric. Took a little while to figure out why my fixer was so sudsy.
    Turning negative into positive since 1975

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin