Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,933   Posts: 1,585,579   Online: 774

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm RF

Getting a signed copy of "Modern Photographic Processing"??

Hi folks!

I'm a third year chemistry student, looking to Master in inorganic chemistry. I've been into analog photography a year now, and I've been more and more curios as to what actually happens. "Modern Photographic Processing" seems like exactly what I need. I love chemistry, and I love the darkroom, and so getting a signed copy of this book would be awesome!

Does anyone here know how I should proceed? Haist is supposed to be huge. I'm fairly new to this game, and so haven't heard of many important contributors. Does anyone have any tips?

Anyway, I'm looking forward to being a part of this community!

Anders

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You can contact him through Haistpress.com. I did the very thing you are asking about back in the spring. I wanted to order his new book and at the same time asked if I could get a signed copy of Modern Photographic Processing. Dr. Haist signed it, and I even had a chance to speak to him on the phone for a few minutes!

Michael

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael R 1974 View Post
    You can contact him through Haistpress.com. I did the very thing you are asking about back in the spring. I wanted to order his new book and at the same time asked if I could get a signed copy of Modern Photographic Processing. Dr. Haist signed it, and I even had a chance to speak to him on the phone for a few minutes!
    Michael
    Yes.
    Mr. Haist is still alive, and he has a box of books in his house. He's selling both volumes for $200, payable by check drawn from a US bank. I recommend these books -- they contain a great deal of information.

Mark Overton

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Grant moves around quite a bit to follow the seasons. Right now, he may be at his home in Florida, but IDK. He is hard to keep track of. The reason I mention this is that all mail goes to the address on his web site, but due to his frequent travels, he may take a few days to respond. His mail is always forwarded to his current address no matter where he is.

I try to visit him when he is in Rochester, but I am sorry to say that I missed him this fall.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I got lucky at the time. He was in Michigan so the letter got to him pretty quick and then I received a telephone call from Mrs. Haist about my inquiry for the books.

Should have mentioned that in my first post - ie you have to send an actual physical letter to his Michigan address.

Shooter
    Large Format

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by albada View Post
    Yes.
    Mr. Haist is still alive, and he has a box of books in his house. He's selling both volumes for $200, payable by check drawn from a US bank. I recommend these books -- they contain a great deal of information.

Mark Overton
    can you pls let me know whether the USD 200 are for one or for both books together? They look very promising and I am thinking about to buy them.
    many thanks and kind regards
    Ulrich

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    i contacted him through the address PE PROVIDED. IT TOKK A FEW WEEKS, BUT I GOT MY SIGNED COPIES LAST YEAR .WELL WORTH THE MONEY!
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by superpos View Post
    can you pls let me know whether the USD 200 are for one or for both books together? They look very promising and I am thinking about to buy them.
    many thanks and kind regards
    Ulrich
    The $200 is for both books (volumes I and II). I think shipping costs extra. His website has the details and mailing-address for the check.

Mark Overton

EDIT: I just noticed that you're in Germany. Haist has shipped to France and Austria recently. I'll look up the cost of shipping to Europe (Rudeofus: do you remember?) and post it.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Thanks a lot, folks! I'm located in Norway, so it'll take some days for the letter to arrive. I send too few letters nowadays anyway, so this will be a fun experience.

From what I've heard, Mr. Haist is a guru in the field. I have several questions for him, as well as inquiring for signed copies:

- what sort of theoretical, chemical knowledge that was necessary in his research, and how that applied to chemistry in practice.

I'm in the "what the heck am I supposed to do with my education" phase I'm soon to have my BSc, and I'm not sure what exactly I've learned, and how I can use that. I'm suspecting that I'll be learning a LOT when doing my Master's thesis, but it's easy to get freaked by the fact that it's only a few years until then! :P

Anyone else here having some experience in chemistry?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin