Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,948   Posts: 1,557,878   Online: 877

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    tbm
    Shooter
    35mm
    My second attempt to develop Acros 100 in TD-16 (D-76) by adding three minutes to the initial 7 minutes was also a failure: a gross lack of contrast, making the negatives impossible to print even though I dialed in maximum filtering with my Saunders dichroic enlarger. Granted, all shots were taken indoors with my Metz flash, but my failure appears to coincide with Roger Hicks' article two years ago in Shutterbug Magazine within which he detailed how difficult it was for him to get good negatives, even with various developers. Next I will try HC-110, but believe me, I am not optimistic!

Terry

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Used HC110 for 30-years with Tri-X 4 x 5 cut film. Last several years develop 6-negatives (capable of going 12-negs back to back) at a time in a Combi T tank using a dilution and agitation process that allows 12-minutes at 68 deg. F. for N=0

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by tbm
    My second attempt to develop Acros 100 in TD-16 (D-76) by adding three minutes to the initial 7 minutes was also a failure: a gross lack of contrast, making the negatives impossible to print even though I dialed in maximum filtering with my Saunders dichroic enlarger. Granted, all shots were taken indoors with my Metz flash, but my failure appears to coincide with Roger Hicks' article two years ago in Shutterbug Magazine within which he detailed how difficult it was for him to get good negatives, even with various developers. Next I will try HC-110, but believe me, I am not optimistic!

Terry
    I think the same HIcks article appeared in B&W photography. He used FX39 and perceptol?

I have found that acros can be nicely contrasty and have produced good contrast using HC110 and pyro type devs (120 and 5x4). Maybe there is a problem somewhere alse?

It has reasonably short dev times and like all new tech films, increases density fast as time in dev increases.

Tom

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Not a problem!

I bought a new Metz 45CL-4 flash unit and, after attaching it to my Leica M6 TTL upon loading a roll of Acros 100, I have begun testing it indoors. I'm not done with the roll yet. Before I process the roll of Acros, I find that I'm down to only a bottle of Kodak's HC-110 which I've not tried yet, but I found a developing recommendation of dilution B for 5.5 minutes on the Web. Would you please share your positive and negative experiences with this developer and the films you shoot? Thanks!

Terry
    Hi Terry, I've so far only used HC-110 with Acros in my Contax G, and Rolleiflex TLRs. I've been very pleased with the grain and tonality range. I mix 1:51 straight from the bottle, everything else is standard.

But my next rolls will be handled with Rodinal which I hear is the best to use with Acros. I've used it with Forte (aka Arista EDU films), and have been pleased with the results.

Let us know how it goes!

Rolleijoe

tbm
    Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Rolleijoe
    Hi Terry, I've so far only used HC-110 with Acros in my Contax G, and Rolleiflex TLRs. I've been very pleased with the grain and tonality range. I mix 1:51 straight from the bottle, everything else is standard.

But my next rolls will be handled with Rodinal which I hear is the best to use with Acros. I've used it with Forte (aka Arista EDU films), and have been pleased with the results.

Let us know how it goes!

Rolleijoe
    Hi, Rolleijoe! Would you kindly mention the development time for HC-110 and Acros at 1:51? Thank you!

Terry

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Here's a great web-site for all things HC-110 http://www.covingtoninnovations.com/hc110/
    "If I'm a rebel sanctioned by society, encouraged by my parents, and cheered on by Hallmark, what is left to rebel against?"
    Hal Niedzviecki

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Acros in HC-110

I bought a new Metz 45CL-4 flash unit and, after attaching it to my Leica M6 TTL upon loading a roll of Acros 100, I have begun testing it indoors. I'm not done with the roll yet. Before I process the roll of Acros, I find that I'm down to only a bottle of Kodak's HC-110 which I've not tried yet, but I found a developing recommendation of dilution B for 5.5 minutes on the Web. Would you please share your positive and negative experiences with this developer and the films you shoot? Thanks!

Terry
    I've used HC-110 with Acros 35mm and have been happy with the results. I use it 1:50 straight from the bottle, 68F with standard agitation. Camera was my Contax G series rangefinder,w/Contax flash, and changes between Zeiss 28mm & 90mm.

The variations in lighting made it a good test for me, and I processed it with some Tri-X, and everything came out beautiful.

So don't worry about HC-110, it'll do the job.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Hi, Rolleijoe! Would you kindly mention the development time for HC-110 and Acros at 1:51? Thank you!

Terry
    Hi Terry! It's 6 min @ 68F normal agitation (1st min constant agitation, then 5sec every 30sec). This is my standard with HC-110 no matter which film I regularly use (have exposure technique down, so that I can shoot diff films and develop them all the same).

I included 3 examples of Acros in 35mm HC-110 in a posting here, just a few minutes ago.

Cheers!

Rolleijoe

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gainer
    In fact, you can leave out the Dektol if you don't mind adding some washing soda to the HC110. I add vitamin C to it as well. With that combination, forget Rodinal.
    gainer,

can you be more specific with the washing soda info and the Vitamin C. "Washing soda", is their a particular kind of washing soda, where do you get it, how much per volume of water, etc...Also with the Vitamin C, in what manner and how much is it added? And, what are the anticipated effects of these in HC-110?. I use Hc-110 exclusively and would like to try it.

Thanks,

Chuck

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I like many of you have used and liked HC 110 for many years. I recently
    found two one gallon bottles that had been stored in a bad way. They have
    sat untouched in a tin storage building for 13 years. Freezing in Winter boiling in Summer, but it still looked good so I mixed up a batch of B dilution
    and went to work in the Dark room. I did develop by inspection, but the negs
    turned out to as good as any that I have ever done. I still don't believe the HC 110 could be any good after what it has been subjected to. Some day soon I will print the negs and post the prints. Then maybe I can adjust to the shock and disbelief I am feeling.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin