Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,908   Posts: 1,521,516   Online: 898

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The A77 at the bottom was Ilford's old code for the date, The first Ilfospeed was definitely developer incorporated but Ilford never admitted that, they wanted large users to switch to Ilfospeed and the new Ilfospedd processors and drop the Ilfoprint range, the machines went first.

There is a paragrapgh tucked away in an Ilford datasheet that says Ilfospeed could be used in an Ilfoprint machine but it was never publicised, I only found it years later. I was given an Ilfoprint processor, dry mounting press and big rotatry glazer thrown out by a newspaer who had switched to Ilfospeed. If an Ilfoprint print was fixed after stabilisation it was just as permanent as any other FB print.

I used the Ilfoprint processor with no problems to make many hundreds (probably thousands) of prints using an Activator which I formulated to give identical results to a conventional developer, it contained Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Sulphite and Potassium bromide and there was no developing agent(s) needed. When Ilfospeed was revamped I was stuck with a useless machine, Ilford had cut the Hydroquinone from the emulsion and all I could achieve was an extremely weak image with the machine.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    ah interesting about the date code, I overlooked telling them about the "A77" ...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ian, too bad you chucked it. Later I think that MGIII was developer incorporated. It sure fogs a lot faster and to a more complete extent than earlier MG products.
    my real name, imagine that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Wilde View Post
    Ian, too bad you chucked it. Later I think that MGIII was developer incorporated. It sure fogs a lot faster and to a more complete extent than earlier MG products.
    Mike, it only went to landfill a year or two ago, the rollers were perishedand the drive cogs were breaking up as the plastics were badly aged. After 1986 I'd switched almost entirely to Fibre based papers so had little use for it. A shame but it was well past it's useful life.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Well, I was doing a little contact printing last night so I thought it would be fun to try the 3.24M ... I tried developing an unexposed strip first, and it came out OK, just a hint of cream colour.

Here's a couple of scans (I have a very old, tired, low-res Mustek scanner so the quality isn't fabulous ... although also please bear in mind that I have only been printing for about two weeks)

These are contacts from Fomapan 200 5x4 sheet film (pinhole camera). One's on Fomalux 312 contact paper, the other on the Ilfospeed.

I expect you'll be able to work out which is which ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin