Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,671   Posts: 1,481,807   Online: 1112

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mark View Post
    So much grumpiness over me hating grain. Kind of funny.
    Nah, it was more the snide remark about Kodak films being grainy and Tri-X having boulder size grain, which just isn't true.
    Still love that you're here participating, and I hope you find your best film soon.
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

Dif between delta 100 and FP4

I still want to hear an answer to the question "if you hate grain, why are you still shooting film?" Haha

~Stone

The Noteworthy Ones - Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1 / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by RalphLambrecht View Post
    don't expect more than 1/2 a zone or muchmore than 1/2 grade from that.
    Depends on the density of the negative etc, but I've been able to get up to a full zone. In any case, even 1/2 a zone can help if you're trying to get as much contrast as possible.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    I still want to hear an answer to the question "if you hate grain, why are you still shooting film?" Haha
    Some people make stupid statements and I ignore them.

Sounds like I am going to have to load up some 4x5 delta 100 and see what I can get it to expand too with the suggested developers.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

Some people make stupid statements and I ignore them.

Sounds like I am going to have to load up some 4x5 delta 100 and see what I can get it to expand too with the suggested developers.
    Sorry for bringing it up then. Look at ilfsol 3 also. It's newer and made by Ilford. Good luck!

~Stone

The Noteworthy Ones - Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1 / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic

~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Images
    No problem stone. In a forum this size you will have people who really can't see past their own noses.

I have not used ilfosol for too many years to count. I honestly forgot it existed. Thanks for reminding me.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

the villages .centralflorida,USA and Germany
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Lime View Post
    , but if there is one film that would temp me away (and did for a while) it would be TMY-2 400. It truly is a brilliant film.
    thst's truly my favorite too!
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

No problem stone. In a forum this size you will have people who really can't see past their own noses.

I have not used ilfosol for too many years to count. I honestly forgot it existed. Thanks for reminding me.
    Gotcha, and yea there was a different ilfsol out there before ilfsol 3 so it's Newer-ish, and it works best with low ASA Ilford films like pan f plus but seems to work REALY well with some Agfa/GAF films that are old/aged at keeping fog down, but Kodak films it doesn't work so well and there's more fog. Just so far as my experience had shown, as I can't account for storage is the Agfa/GAF vs Kodak films, just that they were all around 30-40 years old.

Good luck!

~Stone

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin