Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,962   Posts: 1,558,313   Online: 1003

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    I'm partial to XTOL 1:2.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Perceptol 1:3,very very sharp!!

12 minutes at 24°C.

4 inversion during the first 10 seconds of each minute.

Shooter
    35mm
    Let me explain the extra milage statement..
    I only get a chance to buy developing material a couple of times per year when friends or family travels to the US, and I really can't be an idiot and order tons of it. It's really hard to get access to chemistry here in brazil (simply finding a store that has any to sell). And when it's available, it's obscenely expensive. The same 1L pack of microphen which I bought at BH in New York for US$6.50 goes for US$29 (equivalent) here. At these prices, things get prohibitively expensive..
    Getting the extra milage has more to do with being able to practice photography than not. If I could, I'd do things differently.

But I just cooked the two rolls and they came out BEAUTIFULLY!! Tmax100/Microphen/1+1/12min/20ºC. Really impressed with the results.. Thanks everybody for the input!
    I gave it the extra minute over the 11 suggested because I tend to get weak negatives every time I develop to spec. I believe it might be my thermometer thats running a bit hot (it reads 20º but is actually 19º~18º). Yes I am working on getting a better (digital) one. I figured a 9% error towards better shadow detail would be a good idea!
    PS: The one shot I was really worried about looks really nice but didn't have critical focus on her eyes... Photography can be unforgiving.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PatiNY.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	700.3 KB 
ID:	59786

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Hi Ambar,

Great shot! It's worth the $29 you might have had to spend on developer. (When I worry about cost I look at the value of the result and much of my worry goes away). There is nothing wrong with developing for 12 or 13 minutes, for whatever the reason if that gets you better results - that's what all the instruction sheets say.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin