Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,745   Posts: 1,515,631   Online: 880

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

New film supplier?!?

Anyone ever heard of J Cohen Photography?

Came across some items they were selling on eBay and tracked links back to their website http://jcohenphoto.com/ which says they've been in business since 1990. From the area code of the phone number I assume they are in the Denver CO area.

I noticed they had a roll of 35mm Tri-X 400 36exp for $4.45, which is $1.04 cheaper than Freestyle. Shipping on a single roll was only $1.95 USPS First Class too....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    They have been selling on eBay for a long time. They generally have a good selection of Mamiya medium format (my interest) gear listed for reasonable prices. They started selling film as well a while back and seem to have expnded their listings.

I haven't bought from them, but have often been tempted to.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Awesome. I hadn't ever heard of them.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have to check them out.

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I bought film from him before when his prices were lower but he has raised them. B&H is still cheaper on Trix $4.29 per roll..

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've bought from him a couple times. No problems.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I think I recall them opening a brick-an-mortar stoor within the past couple of years in Lafayette CO... not too far east of Denver.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I purchased films from Joshua Cohen in a regular basis for a few months at Ebay. A bit every month because I must order under $50 to avoid taxes.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    That would be Victory Camera in Lafayette (North side of the Denver area). I was very delighted when he opened the store since it is nearby for me. He does seem to have film at surprisingly reasonable prices for a small shop. Although frankly, I have been more excited about having someone selling old camera gear locally. There is more information in a thread on the Denver forum (in the United States Sub Forum).

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin