Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,228   Posts: 1,532,693   Online: 766

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Bertilsson View Post
    Could have fooled me by how neutral it looks. Do they really market it as a warmtone paper?
    It's marketed as Neutral to warm black. But MCC was Agfa's warmtone paper in the last few years they made papers.

If it's anything close to Agfa MCC then it's capable of good rich warmtones. Agfa MCC is very responsive to developers and with a good warmtone developer and the right exposure/dev times gives wonderful warm tones it was close to Record Rapid which it replaced although not as warm as the older Record Rapid which had cadmium in the emulsion.

Warm tones can be deceptive and sometimes people don't realise what the tonal colours are like until you put a print alongside a true neutral toned paper.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'd call MCC 110 warm-neutral, a little warmer than say MGIV when developed in a neutral developer. But it's a subjective thing.

K-G
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael R 1974 View Post
    I'd call MCC 110 warm-neutral, a little warmer than say MGIV when developed in a neutral developer. But it's a subjective thing.
    I agree that Adox MCC 110 is balancing between neutral and slightly warm. It is warmer than Ilford MGIV but not quite as warm as the old Agfa MCC 111 . Recently I tried a a few sheets of Berger Variable CB , Warmtone in Adox Adotol liquid WA ( Warmtone developer ) and it gave a realy wonderful warm feeling with deep blacks and still an almost neutral white emulsion on the edges. It is available at Fotoimpex in Berlin and hopefully also through other sources. It is quite expensive, but for the right pictures I think it can be worth a try.
    I have tried Ilford MGWT but that was from right after the paper was introduced. I thought that the emulsion was just a bit to creamy for my taste, but I have read somewhere that it has been changed. Right now I am awaiting a new delivery to see how it works.

Karl-Gustaf
    Karl-Gustaf Hellqvist

www.heliochroma.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Colin Corneau View Post
    Don't forego Ilford's warmtone in FB, either. Not sure how it looks, if any difference, between the RC version (which I haven't used) but it's stellar.
    +1. Ilford MGFBWT is very different from MGRCWT. If you haven't used the FB version, think of it as an entirely new paper and try it along with whatever other papers you're considering.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    "Beyond that I scope Adox Variotone Warmtone. I have no idea what this paper is, but that's a third alternative."

This one's being made by Harman/Ilford if I'm not mistaken...

CuS

Shooter
    35mm
    Try Slavich Bromoportrait 80 = I use teh #3 grade - very nice and tones brilliantly!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by CuS View Post
    Try Slavich Bromoportrait 80 = I use teh #3 grade - very nice and tones brilliantly!
    This thread is not about how a paper tones rather the natural tones of the paper created during development.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Thanks for your opinions. I will probably get some Oriental for now

How does the Bergger range rate?

K-G
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by hoffy View Post
    Thanks for your opinions. I will probably get some Oriental for now

How does the Bergger range rate?
    All I know about Berger today is what is written on the Fotoimpex website. They have a warmtone and a neutral paper and it is obviously Harman that manufactures them.
    Karl-Gustaf

http://www.fotoimpex.de/shopen/syste...che=1353083384
    Karl-Gustaf Hellqvist

www.heliochroma.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Adorama has a house brand of fibre paper of which the matte has a gentle warmtone, I don't think they market it as warmtone but they do indictate it is warmer than the glossy version.
    It is also inexpensive so good for learning.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin