Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,568   Posts: 1,573,493   Online: 640

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Whilst Adox MCC may be on the cool side of warm its response to gold toner suggests that it is a chlorobromide with bias towards the chloride end of things. I tried toning some Slavich unibrom (a true cold tone paper) in gold and it did not exhibit any colour shift.

Shooter
    Medium Format

Warm-tone papers .

Quote Originally Posted by hoffy View Post
    Thanks for your opinions. I will probably get some Oriental for now

How does the Bergger range rate?
    Greetings Hoffy, As you live in Australia give "Foma" papers a try , Cheaper than Ilford (better in my opinion ) Chris Reid -Owner of 'Blanco Negro' NSW, Foma s only Australian distributor. Will require mail order , but if you order carefully the postage is still cheap when averaged over the order. Warm tone is available in both RC & Fibre base. Look-up the web-site for more info .
    ....Cheers Barrie B. Melbourne .

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've settled on FOMABROM VC VELVET VARIANT IV123 for now. It is as warm as I have seen, and develops fully in LPD 1:3 in 2 to 2-1/2 minutes with rich full blacks, smooth mid-tones and highlights. The paper base is white, not off white or yellow or cream, etc. It is not as heavy a paper as the Ilfords and I find it needs about 15 more CC's of Magenta filter at each grade than they suggest.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin