Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,549   Posts: 1,544,659   Online: 785

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by gamincurieux View Post
    So, in that first session I mixed up 2.2 liters at 1+10 and actually only toned approx ten 30x40cm prints @ 4 mins each - that's not much toning really, is it? The solution was then poured into a concertina'd container for storage... given that I only did about ten prints, the solution in the bottle is probably still good to go for a few more prints yet at 4 mins, would you think? Will it be good to go right out of the bottle like that after a month or two, or three? Maybe I should just put in 100mls of concentrate to get it up to speed.... ? I mean, I don't want to put too much in..... when is too much?!
    Your toner is good for many more prints. When you get around to toning again, filter the solution through a coffee filter in a funnel before using to remove any possible precipitate.

If you are seeing a change in the image due to toning, and I assume you are, then that is your guide to toner exhaustion. When toning times get too long, simply add 25-30ml of concentrate to your toning solution to replenish.

Best,

Doremus

Shooter
    35mm
    Thank you Doremus

Quote Originally Posted by Doremus Scudder View Post
    Your toner is good for many more prints. When you get around to toning again, filter the solution through a coffee filter in a funnel before using to remove any possible precipitate.

If you are seeing a change in the image due to toning, and I assume you are, then that is your guide to toner exhaustion. When toning times get too long, simply add 25-30ml of concentrate to your toning solution to replenish.

Best,

Doremus

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pentaxuser View Post
    Nice effect, Adrian, with selenium toner. My favourite out of the three

pentaxuser
    Thanks I think I overdid the gold toning somewhat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Thoms View Post
    I thought Ilford Art 300 was coated with MGWT emulsion.

Roger
    Roger, I may well be mistaken. It would explain the robust colour obtained with the gold toner. Ilford MGIV RC does practically nothing in gold toner even after 20 minutes.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin