Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,764   Posts: 1,516,245   Online: 1063

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Just checked TF5 they say 15-20 rolls per liter.
    Mark Barendt, Ignacio, CO

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Anaïs Nin

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by rkmiec View Post
    Yeah,I need to get going. Some of these are years old. Hoping for the best.
    I think I'm right there with you. You might have an edge by a couple rolls. This almost never happens with my black-and-white roll film, and I always process large format immediately. My color stuff tends to sit for years; I have rolls of slide film I shot for a grad school project that got derailed in 2008. So I just got a Unicolor C41 kit and an Arista E6 kit. Haven't processed my own color since about 1995, but here we go!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I used to be bad about letting exposed film sit around and not process it. In the last three years I have really made an effort to develop my black and white quickly and send out my color film to the lab at regular intervals. Now I just need more time to print things up in the darkroom. A few weeks ago I had printed up a bunch of snapshots of our daughter and granddaughter and those got snapped up by my "models" so fast it made my head spin. It is nice to be appreciated.
    Dave

"She's always out making pictures, She's always out making scenes.
    She's always out the window, When it comes to making Dreams.

It's all mixed up, It's all mixed up, It's all mixed up."

From It's All Mixed Up by The Cars

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Developing I'm usually pretty on top of.

I am however years behind on my printing ......

J.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I rarely print anything actually. I do scan though. And tomorrow I am starting to develop 37 rolls of colour film. I can only do 10 rolls at a time so I guess It wel taken the rest of the week to process. And then to scan it.
    Reality is whatever stays when you stop believing in it.
    darkroomninja.blogspot.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    One important tip:

Don't assume that it is best to develop the rolls "oldest first"

Do develop your current work as you shoot it (so the backlog doesn't grow), plus a few rolls from your backlog each time.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant View Post
    Not sure where you get those figures from. A litre of Hypam or Ilford Rapid Fixer at 1+4 is fine for 24 rolls of 35mm or 120 film. Films and RC papers can tolerate far higher levels of silver than fibre based papers without affecting archival permanence.

Ian
    +1 - but I use 16 rolls per 1.25 liters just to be extra sure.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    As you describe yourself as a 4" X 5" shooter (I guess you mean 5" X 4"), how come all the films you display are not.

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

the villages .centralflorida,USA and Germany
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    news flsh!:
    it's not about quantity, because a camera is not a machine gun.
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I dump TF-4 after 15 and I keep track. I figure that it's a relatively cheap fixer and there's no reason to tempt fate.
    No idea what's going to happen next, but I'm hoping it involves being wrist deep in chemicals come the weekend.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin