Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,875   Posts: 1,520,227   Online: 1157

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've never been that far behind. I tend to process fast... but I might have a decade-worth of negs and proof sheets that still need sorting and proper storing.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I never had a backlog until I had kids. I shot and immediately developed because I wanted to see. However, I don't have the luxury now to disappear whenever I want to develop film anymore...so I'm expecting to have a backlog. I'm going to try to keep it to a minimum, though, by buying the Mod54 processor and a Paterson 3 roll drum after Christmas with reels so that I can handle 2 120 and 3 135 at a time, plus the 6 sheets of 4x5 at a time...and I'm working on a homemade solution for 5x7. I have the idea, I just have to see if I can get it made.
    No idea what's going to happen next, but I'm hoping it involves being wrist deep in chemicals come the weekend.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by mooseontheloose View Post
    Well, can't speak for polyglot but I regularly come back from my trips (1-4 weeks) with 20-100 rolls.
    Oh boy, and I thought I was shooting lots of film when I shot five rolls of 35mm on a one week trip!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I manage around 30 rolls/week of 35mm when traveling. But I take the 35mm to Costco when I have a huge volume like that, and that solves the price problem. The 120 I take to a better quality local lab that will follow instructions on how to process stuff.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by RalphLambrecht View Post
    news flsh!:
    it's not about quantity, because a camera is not a machine gun.
    http://soverf2repair.webs.com/Recorder_4000.htm

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    So glad this thread happened. I was getting stressed and stopped shooting for a few weeks when mine got to 30 rolls. Finding a Patterson System 4 which will do 5 rolls of 35mm or 3 120 really helped.
    A politician is a man who will double cross that bridge when he comes to it.

Oscar Levant

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RattyMouse View Post
    Wow....where'd you go? What was the total cost in film and processing?
    5-week honeymoon through Dubai, Prague, St Petersburg, Moscow, trans-Siberian rail, Mongolia, Beijing, Guilin. It was about 40% B&W ($30), 20% E6 ($80, half a Fuji kit), 40% C41 ($60, half a Fuji kit again). So about $200 for soup and $600 for film. And that's a tiny fraction of the $20k travel costs. Then there's the ~$500 spent on printing (3 of 20x40" canvases, some albums, and now I'm working through wet-printing the best which will take a couple years.

This is 6x7 though so its only 1000 frames; it's not like I was machine-gunning 35mm. I'd be lost without my Jobo though...

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Got 4 more rolls of 35mm done tonight. The apx 100 that I shot over 10 years ago look absolutely fantastic. The tmax 100 that was a little newer did not. Very faint images,a couple good images. Been so long I can't remember how I was shooting them so they could be age or technique. I have more from that tmax group so I will be able to see if there is some difference. Interesting that the apx when I dumped the developer is was black as night and I was worried. Sad that now I did not get to use more of that film,looks wonderful.

Shooter
    Medium Format

wow

DEVELOPING PARTY!!!!!!

i got the chips, whose bringing the beer?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant View Post
    Not sure where you get those figures from. A litre of Hypam or Ilford Rapid Fixer at 1+4 is fine for 24 rolls of 35mm or 120 film. Films and RC papers can tolerate far higher levels of silver than fibre based papers without affecting archival permanence.
    Ian
    Thanks! I was reading this thread and starting to get worried. I've got 500ml of Ilford Rapid Fixer and was planning to develop 12 rolls of 120 and then just assume it's time to replace it. I think I got the 12 from the datasheet, but don't recall for sure. For 135 it's a 250ml bottle 1+4 and I've been replacing after 6 rolls. I do the same with paper... I just keep track of the number of prints and replace when I reach what it says it can do on the bottle.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin