Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,536   Posts: 1,572,742   Online: 788

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristopherCoy View Post
    I wouldn't mind doing the chang-a-tray thing until I could purchase a print washer. When people say "wash for 60 minutes", I envision my bathroom faucet going full blast for 60 minutes. Ian said that a gentle trickle would work as well but, even that seems like a lot over an extended period of time.
    a gentle trickle would work but you'd have to find a way to remove some of the water as it trickled, kind of like a tray siphon. I would try wash in a tray. Search the forums for the exact way to do this.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Cole View Post
    I love the results with this stuff on MGWTFB though. I rarely make a print on this paper that doesn't receive at least a quick dip in brown toner. I'm not so enthused about the results on MCP 312, one other paper I've tried. My dilute method produced only an unpleasant red-brown tinge in highlights even when time was extended to 10 minutes and more. Full strength toner did tone that paper well, but with a cooler chocolate brown color that I don't like as much as regular sepia.
    I too love the results on MGWT. I'm still using up stock of Viradon. I tone at regular strength after a slight selenium toning. I tone for about 4-7 minutes. Selenium first helps to keep the blacks from losing density as can happen in direct sulfide toning on WT papers. Direct toning doesn't have much color effect on MGIV but indirect toning does produce a very nice sepia tone! I'm still experimenting with this at the moment.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    I thought Kodak Brown toner was discontinued years ago... yes no ..

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Well, Bob, I can just walk in the camera store up town and buy it anytime. Doesn't take much, however.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DREW WILEY View Post
    Well, Bob, I can just walk in the camera store up town and buy it anytime. Doesn't take much, however.
    Drew , are you sure or just shitting me..

I went on Calumets site, B&H site, and Freestyle site... nowhere did I see Kodak Brown toner.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Carnie View Post
    Drew , are you sure or just shitting me..

I went on Calumets site, B&H site, and Freestyle site... nowhere did I see Kodak Brown toner.

The Houston Camera Exchange, where I got mine, had a few bottles on their shelf if I'm not mistaken. I'm sure I could check and pick a few up for you if you were interested. It may just be ancient stock, but it was certainly there.

Unless I've absorbed too much fixer and now I'm hallucinating or something...

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I could buy more today if I wanted to. Calumet's support of darkroom photography has been nil for
    some time now, and B&H has thinned out a lot of their own selection, some of it due to special NYC
    hazmat rules, but some just to their slow drift more and more into electronics etc. But they do seem
    to be seriously stocking LF film in quantity again. There are proabaly other manufacturers of comparable product, but I use the Kodak brand all the time. A well-published addict of Kodak brown
    is Roman Loranc - his signature images routinely rely upon this specific product, along with a couple other tricks it's probably not fair for me to relate.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    I think you both are buying old stock, I would be interested in new stock but I do not believe it exists. Kodak Brown Toner..
    I would prefer to know the formula and mix it from scratch.... it really had its applications that I admired.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Blog Entries
    Images
    As far as I know, Legacy Pro Brown toner is identical to Kodak Brown toner.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Thanks Brian
    I am going to order some of this stuff.. and give it a go..any issues with scum like the viridon or kodak brown toner??

Quote Originally Posted by brian steinberger View Post
    As far as I know, Legacy Pro Brown toner is identical to Kodak Brown toner.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin