Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,302   Posts: 1,536,239   Online: 729

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

HP5 Plus problems

I started trying to develop black and white film a few months ago, I shoot it when ever I can. I've developed around 4 or 5 rolls so far but every time I do it I get some slides with silver blotches. It is un-avoidable for me. I am using all of the recomemded times for the ilfotech DD-X developer and stop bath, fixer ect. Is it bad loading into the spool (plastic ones btw) or what?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    When you say "silver blotches", do you mean silver-colored (shiny) blotches, or blotches of image silver (which would look black)?

If you've got an image that shows the issue---maybe just a snapshot of the film strip---that would help with diagnosis.

-NT
    Nathan Tenny
    San Diego, CA, USA

The lady of the house has to be a pretty swell sort of person to put up with the annoyance of a photographer.
    -The Little Technical Library, _Developing, Printing, And Enlarging_

Shooter
    35mm
    It is silver-colored blotches that show up silver on the negative.
    and ill get that snap shot, ill post it here when i get it.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	scanned332.jpg 
Views:	162 
Size:	22.4 KB 
ID:	59992

The first slide has silver screen over it for some reason.
    Last edited by tyqre; 11-20-2012 at 05:41 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Are you washing properly and using photoflo?The negatives,not yourself!

Shooter
    35mm
    haha umm i guess im not using photoflo, just the dev, stop bath and fixer. and i forgot to add it is on other slides as well, not just that frame.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    What condition is the camera?
    It's hard to tell but those could be light leaks from the back or hinge area of the back but I'm only guessing.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    You may not be fixing the negatives long enough or the film is loaded improperly on the reel allowing the film to buckle and touch adjacent film wound on the reel. Take the film strip with the blotch and refix it for 3 minutes or so and see if the problem disappears.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by brucemuir View Post
    What condition is the camera?
    It's hard to tell but those could be light leaks from the back or hinge area of the back but I'm only guessing.
    the cameras was in great condition.im pretty confident its my developing because when i get my color film developed professionally they come out great.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by garysamson View Post
    You may not be fixing the negatives long enough or the film is loaded improperly on the reel allowing the film to buckle and touch adjacent film wound on the reel. Take the film strip with the blotch and refix it for 3 minutes or so and see if the problem disappears.
    Ok, ill try this.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by tyqre View Post
    the cameras was in great condition.im pretty confident its my developing because when i get my color film developed professionally they come out great.
    Okay, good deduction.
    My next guess would be similar to gary about loading the reels.
    It's easy when starting out to misload the film and if the film touches itself, the chemistry cant get to that part.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin