Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,553   Posts: 1,544,947   Online: 770

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: MOD 54

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have several, as you can see from my post, and I also have the loader, which is very useful.

I have never had a sheet of film come out of these reels/slots.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    That reel is still/again listed by Jobo: No. 2509n
    If you have (or can find) a Jobo tank then these are a far better option. The sheet film 5x4 reels are quite different to the MOD 54 in the way they allow chemistry to flow around the edges of the sheet of film and also the curvature is less while it's in the reel.

Ian

Shooter
    Large Format
    The JOBO 2509 reel requires about 1.3 L of liquid to cover the film, so a little more than the Paterson. If you're using very dilute developer, the extra volume could be a bonus, though. The JOBO is different from the MOD design in that each sheet is fed into a short spiral rather than bent into a "taco" shape and held at 2 edges. Because the JOBO tanks were designed for rotary agitation, the drum has a large diameter and the film sits as closely as possible to the drum wall, with quite a bit of space in the center.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by 250swb View Post
    So run this by me, with a 'rotating tank' how do you do stand development if you don't know where the negative is in the tank in relation to the very small amount of developer?
    I have for some time used all my Jobo tanks as "inversion" tanks. They come from the factory with a plastic cap, and they all have an "Inversion" spec. They can also be used with either the magnet or the cog lid on a jobo processor as "rotary" where the required amount of chemical is about 1/3 to 1/2 of that for "Inversion" To do "stand" processing, I would guess you would be reqired to use the "Inversion" amounts.
    Charles MacDonald
    aa508@ncf.ca
    I still live just beyond the fringe in Stittsville

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    the difference is too huge not to care, but you can use all tanks in rotation mode, just get a pair of roller skates or as i've done a few times, use the edge of a table an roll the tank back and forth, works well and saves lots of chemicals, especiallt with two-bath fixing!
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    So, you are skating in your kitchen??
    Not sure how to visualize your advice.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin