Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,294   Posts: 1,535,578   Online: 1085

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    I use it in ID-11 and mix it 1:3. Gives me a time around 16 min. but your mileage may vary.
    Happy with it overall.

-Rob Skeoch
    Rob Skeoch
    This is my blog http://thepicturedesk.blogspot.com/
    This my website for photo supplies...
    www.bigcameraworkshops.com
    This is my website for Rangfinder gear
    www.rangefinderstore.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Skeoch View Post
    I use it in ID-11 and mix it 1:3. Gives me a time around 16 min. but your mileage may vary.
    Happy with it overall.

-Rob Skeoch
    So I'm guessing EI100 and about 10% under under Ilford's recommendation?
    Mark Barendt, Ignacio, CO

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Anaïs Nin

the villages .centralflorida,USA and Germany
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    that sounds right, but you need to conduct a proper film test to get your best values:
    //www.darkroomagic.com/DarkroomMagic/Darkroom.html
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Perceptol 1:3 for 16 minutes, agitating once per minute, shot @ ISO 50. I find it gives a very fine grain and smooth tones. I have accidentally shot rolls @ 100 and developed them for 22 minutes and had good luck as well, but that's pretty boring!

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Favourite Delta Dev

You guys are crazy, I try to stay under 10 minutes with any developer, I'm super lazy...

Probably the other reason I like Pan F+ and Ilfsol 3 since its like 4 minutes for the 1+9 mix. So nice!

~Stone

The Noteworthy Ones - Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1 / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Delta 100 will work well with most any general purpose developer from D76 to XTOL to Rodinal. I find it loses too much speed in Pyro but that's only my personal preference. In the end it will look very similar to FP4 in terms of tonality, just with finer grain. What might be worth noting is in my tests I found DDX to give Delta virtually box speed without even resorting to alternate dilutions, agitation schemes etc. So if you want to shoot at box speed DDX is a good option. Grain is only slightly more prominent than in D76/ID11. But I found the recommended time of 12 minutes far too long. 8-9 minutes worked much better.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    You guys are crazy, I try to stay under 10 minutes with any developer, I'm super lazy...

Probably the other reason I like Pan F+ and Ilfsol 3 since its like 4 minutes for the 1+9 mix. So nice!

~Stone

The Noteworthy Ones - Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1 / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic

Not really; the 1 minute agitation times actually work out pretty well. It gives me enough time to run around the house and get other little jobs done while it's developing. I actually make it a rather productive time. Since I develop film in my kitchen and not tucked away in a darkroom, in between agitations I get the dishwasher loaded, countertops cleaned, maybe get a load of laundry going, etc. I actually don't mind it as much as, say, TX400 in D-76. Even though it's 1/2 the amount of development time, the 30 second agitations don't really give me any time to turn my back and get anything else done.

Having said that, my primary B&W is TX400 in D-76, which I actually find rather laborious to develop as it requires pretty much constant attention. That and I find the 120 size MUCH more annoying to spool than Ilford films. Oh but that classic Kodak look.... makes it all worth it!

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by PeteZ8 View Post
    Not really; the 1 minute agitation times actually work out pretty well. It gives me enough time to run around the house and get other little jobs done while it's developing. I actually make it a rather productive time. Since I develop film in my kitchen and not tucked away in a darkroom, in between agitations I get the dishwasher loaded, countertops cleaned, maybe get a load of laundry going, etc. I actually don't mind it as much as, say, TX400 in D-76. Even though it's 1/2 the amount of development time, the 30 second agitations don't really give me any time to turn my back and get anything else done.

Having said that, my primary B&W is TX400 in D-76, which I actually find rather laborious to develop as it requires pretty much constant attention. That and I find the 120 size MUCH more annoying to spool than Ilford films. Oh but that classic Kodak look.... makes it all worth it!
    I can get coffee through the machine, do an agitation then steam milk before next agitation

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Favourite Delta Dev

Quote Originally Posted by PeteZ8 View Post

First, with all that chemical on your hands / counter / etc, you shouldn't be doing dishes or doing laundry or as the next poster said making coffee... That's just too chemically risky to me.

I don't get the 120 to ilford comment... All of my ilford is 120....

Do you use plastic or SS reels? If you use plastic, don't use the Patterson spools they are terrible, use JOBO spools, ironically I like the Patterson tanks much better and find the JOBO tanks leaky and lame, but the opposite with the spool/reels. They have an extra tongue sticking out that makes them super easy to load.

~Stone

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant View Post
    I've been using Pyrocat HD with Delta 100 and 400 for the past 5 years with superb results.

Ian
    Do share your dilution\times?
    CatLABS of JP
    Darkroom resources and service

www.catlabs.info | https://www.facebook.com/CatLABS.of.JP | www.jobo-usa.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin