Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,011   Posts: 1,524,680   Online: 698

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    the villages .centralflorida,USA and Germany
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    HIS dilution and times are not relevant for you. you have to do your own development test. sorry, but that is the unfortunate truth. there are no short cuts. otherwise ,you end up with never-ending trial and error without ever reaching the optimum.
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    First, with all that chemical on your hands / counter / etc, you shouldn't be doing dishes or doing laundry or as the next poster said making coffee... That's just too chemically risky to me.

I don't get the 120 to ilford comment... All of my ilford is 120....

Do you use plastic or SS reels? If you use plastic, don't use the Patterson spools they are terrible, use JOBO spools, ironically I like the Patterson tanks much better and find the JOBO tanks leaky and lame, but the opposite with the spool/reels. They have an extra tongue sticking out that makes them super easy to load.

~Stone

The Noteworthy Ones - Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1 / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think you are way, way, way too paranoid about the possibility of a drop or two of a highly diluted, relatively safe chemical possibly coming into contact with dirty laundry or dirty dishes. If I was that paranoid about developer coming into contact with my dirty laundry, I would have to burn my clothes every time I walked out of the darkroom (after all, what else could I do with them?) As for the dishes, I'm far more concerned with what companies are putting IN the food I eat, than the remote possibility that 1 or two molecules of Metol might somehow make it through the dishwasher and contaminate my mashed potatoes.

What I meant about 120 film is that Tri-X is a major pain in the you-know-what to get onto reels. Ilford film tends to be much less curly and I find it very easy to load. I will have to try some Jobo's; I use Patterson.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The developer adds flavor to the coffee, right? You should try it on breakfast cereal!

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Favourite Delta Dev

Quote Originally Posted by PeteZ8 View Post
    I think you are way, way, way too paranoid about the possibility of a drop or two of a highly diluted, relatively safe chemical possibly coming into contact with dirty laundry or dirty dishes. If I was that paranoid about developer coming into contact with my dirty laundry, I would have to burn my clothes every time I walked out of the darkroom (after all, what else could I do with them?) As for the dishes, I'm far more concerned with what companies are putting IN the food I eat, than the remote possibility that 1 or two molecules of Metol might somehow make it through the dishwasher and contaminate my mashed potatoes.

What I meant about 120 film is that Tri-X is a major pain in the you-know-what to get onto reels. Ilford film tends to be much less curly and I find it very easy to load. I will have to try some Jobo's; I use Patterson.
    Probably, I tend to be overly cautious mostly because I don't know how little can affect you.

But yea try the JOBO reels they really are amazingly better than the Patterson, if you DON'T like them I'll trade with you, I have a bunch of Patterson and I want them all gone... Lol

Quote Originally Posted by mfohl View Post
    The developer adds flavor to the coffee, right? You should try it on breakfast cereal!
    Oi! Haha

~Stone

The Noteworthy Ones - Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1 / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin