Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,821   Posts: 1,581,653   Online: 886

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    35mm
    markbarendt: thanks!

ralphlambrecht: thanks, but I am pretty certain that the weather was overcast

Shooter
    Large Format
    I would use the 6 minute processing time, and boost contrast (if necessary) in printing using variable contrast filters on multigrade paper.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    then the 9 minutes might be a good start, just as you thought.
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    So yesterday I developed a roll that I shot last week with a few shots under an overcast sky in Oregon. (Delta 400, not Tri-X but, so what? Same theory applies.)

I metered using an equivalent method to yours pierods. (Incident metering, what I did, and pegging via a known tone, your grey card/subject's face in this case.) We both should have ended up at essentially the same camera setting. Easily within 1/2-stop.

I developed the film normally, no extra development time. (Because I had shots on the roll that were taken under different conditions, not just under overcast)

Did the proof print last evening, the "overcast" shots fell nicely "straight" onto my VC paper at grade 2. No adjustment required.

This is the norm in my world, with my subjects and sensibility. It took me a long time to learn that lesson and stop chasing other people's sensibilities.
    Last edited by markbarendt; 11-27-2012 at 08:33 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Mark Barendt, Beaverton, OR

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Anaïs Nin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin