Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,942   Posts: 1,557,570   Online: 1138

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    I own several huge lomos from 300 mm to 600 mm and one is a f/6 or f/4.5 i also have a 760 mm apo nikon nikor and all my lomos produce sharper brighter picture on my green tinted focusing board

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    What lenses are you referring to? Those LOMO lenses of that focal length and large aperture I know of are astro-lenses. Will they cover ULF? (I admit I know nothing about astro-lenses...)
    Last edited by AgX; 11-30-2012 at 12:43 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

What Does "Lomo" Mean?

What does "trolling" mean?

~Stone

The Noteworthy Ones - Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1 / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I love when old guys use the term "hipster". It makes me think of my old neighbor who used to walk around in his boxer-shorts that were held up by suspenders, knee high socks with the two colored bands at the top, and an undershirt. He'd always come out to get the paper, grumble something about the 'damn kids' of the neighborhood, and then retreat to his recliner that had undoubtedly not seen the light of day since 1943. He must have lived a horrible, stale, lonely life in his old age. Poor guy.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

What Does "Lomo" Mean?

Quote Originally Posted by ChristopherCoy View Post
    I love when old guys use the term "hipster". It makes me think of my old neighbor who used to walk around in his boxer-shorts that were held up by suspenders, knee high socks with the two colored bands at the top, and an undershirt. He'd always come out to get the paper, grumble something about the 'damn kids' of the neighborhood, and then retreat to his recliner that had undoubtedly not seen the light of day since 1943. He must have lived a horrible, stale, lonely life in his old age. Poor guy.
    Hipsters in NY often dress like him now.... Lol

~Stone

The Noteworthy Ones - Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1 / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mfohl View Post
    Just out of curiosity, approximately how many of those images do you print and/or exhibit? I have exhibited some of my Holga images, and I have printed some up to 11x14. I average about 1 printable image per roll of 12. Which is only slightly less than with my Mamiya TLR.

Cheers,

-- Mark
    Do you mean exposed-to-keeper ratio? I think that it's about the same as my other MF camras.

It really depends on the light. I usually take it out in optimal light for the camera/film combination, and I take the same care to frame and compose like I do with my other equipment. So by and large, I can print just about all of the exposures. As for "keepers," well, it depends on what I'm photographing. I've usually been taking it out when I've been going through alleyways, and those can be quite full of things to photograph.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails EverettAlleysFeb001.jpg   EverettAlleys001.jpg   EverettAlleys003.jpg  

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Huh. What a strange discussion. I have many very high quality LOMO motion picture lenses. I rent them to motion picture production companies in Hollywood. But I will not rent to "hipsters." Any runner that shows up in skinny jeans and a worn out plaid shirt is shown the door. :-)

MDR
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    The many faces of Lomo: Superb optical manufacturer including spy satellites
    Manufacturer of the LC-A that started the Lomography company
    Lomography/Lomographer synonyme for toy camera user

The toy camera movement is often thrown in with lomography but did in fact start 20 years earlier.
    Lomography cameras can and do produce superb pictures, the lomographic society's shoot from the hips thing is most definetly not what many Holga, Diana, LC-A users do. Most "toycamera" users know their cameras inside and out they know the results they will get with the camera they choose. Using Toycameras is often like using a LF camera AA-Style lots of previsulization and not mindless clicking.

Dominik

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Laughing On My Own?
    Anyone can make a Digital print, but only a photographer can make a photograph.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by pdeeh View Post
    <snipped> The idea that those who use "lomo" cameras are so ignorant and ill-informed that they are incapable of looking further than wacky colours and light leaks ... well, I think it's a false assumption based on limited evidence, shall we say ...
    You've misrepresented my comment; I said 'the possible perception', though I suppose I might have added 'by some sections of the photo community'. Some folk actually believe that an omniscient, omnipotent supernatural being created the universe in seven days because that's what they've been taught from birth, and this is reinforced by their cultures and societies. Some of these folk don't seem to look beyond this idea, yet there doesn't seem to be *any* truth in it...

You know, I find it ironic that scientists spent 150-odd years perfecting sharp, grainless photographic materials and lenses only for some companies to produce plastic cameras with ghastly lenses and charge stupid sums of money for them. Still, each to their own - I stand by my earlier positive comments. I have a 35mm Symbol to try out some time. I can't wait to see whether "its 3-element glass Triplet lens is something to brag about, yielding eye-popping color saturation and contrast.", and to try out its "unique fully-manual settings" that "gives you total control of your shots" is really worth the £80 Lomography.com charges for it. Now that claim of uniqueness is an outright lie on Lomography.com's part even within their own range - someone is being hoodwinked here, and it ain't me...

Cheers,
    kevs
    testing...

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin