Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,545   Posts: 1,572,838   Online: 1025

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    80$ for a 35mm film movie camera ...
    that doesn't sound too expensive to me,
    seeing a 8mm bolex costs probably that much ( had a few of them )
    a 16mm bolex costs a small fortune ( had one of them )
    and a current 35mm movie camera costs multiples of that
    ... and a vintage one, well who knows if they work.
    plenty of other stuff for less than 100$ too .. not everything there was $200.

i find it funny that people are so pissed off about lomo cameras
    their "aesthetic" and the crowd they sell to ..
    much more fun going on there than at a "large format workshop"

who knows maybe after they get tired of their lomo they will buy a
    thrift store camera ( will it work ? ) and "up/down grade" to being a bottom feeder
    on ebay or places like this ... or maybe the lomo is pretty much the only thing they will want ?

who cares .. i sure don't
    ( but i might ask for a kino for my birthday )

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by DSLR View Post
    I believe LOMO makes their own film, these "hipsters" may not be saving film.

Lomography do not make own films. At their best they offer custom conversions.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Remember, buying an expensive camera doesn't make you a photographer; it makes you an expensive camera owner---------

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Lomo is still cheaper than Lensbaby, Kodak Portrait 305, Verito, Cooke, Pinkham&Smith.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You can get a Lomo for $200 and up... Or, a Diana for ballpark 60 and higher and a Holga for $25 or more... Since they all seem to fall into the Lomography category, then I guess you can pick one that suits your budget and be a "Lomographer." If you go to the website to look at buying any of these options, you can spend lots of dollars and even purchase something that matches your fashionable attire. The best part is that all this means that more people are getting interested in film for whatever reason. I say who cares as long as you are shooting film and having fun.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Funny thing is, I've seen "Lomography Film" for sale in a few stores - regular 120 in a nice fancy "LOMO" branded box, for way more than I could buy it in the regular yellow or green box. . . . . talk about ripping you off!!!

I guess if Lomo et al are not "real cameras", then all those people who started out using Box Brownies weren't shooting on real cameras either.

Who cares if they're overpriced, dark-boxes with coke-bottle lenses? The people that are using them are more often than not, overcoming the limited abilities of these plastic ogres to create some outstanding images; sure they results mightn't be to everyone's taste, but can't that be said for all forms of photography/art?

To each their own, and long live film - in any shape or form it is used to create pictures.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    What's funny, is that you can practice "lomography" with any camera.

Sometimes I do it with my Rolleiflex, sometimes I do it with my Hasselblad.

I even do it with my Leica, Nikons, and Pentax 6x7 occasionally. Lomography is simply the overcoming of obsession with technical limitations and theory, and just giving plain old serendipity a chance.

Sometimes I shoot my 6x7 without the lens mounted, just held in front of the mount, so that I can tilt and shift as I please. A shroud of black duct tape is a serviceable enough bellows. That's pretty f*cking lomo, if you ask me.
    See my work at my website CHRISTOPHER LANGE PHOTOGRAPHY

or my snaps at my blog MINIMUM DENSITY
    --
    If you don't have it, then you don't have it.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    Lomography do not make own films. At their best they offer custom conversions.
    I was talking about this...http://usa.shop.lomography.com/films...-200-pack-of-3

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Lange View Post
    That's pretty f*cking lomo, if you ask me.
    LMAO!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by wildbill View Post
    it's hipster for CRAP.
    Who cares as long as they are keeping film in production for the rest of us, let them do as they wish.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Lange View Post
    What's funny, is that you can practice "lomography" with any camera.

Sometimes I do it with my Rolleiflex, sometimes I do it with my Hasselblad.

I even do it with my Leica, Nikons, and Pentax 6x7 occasionally. Lomography is simply the overcoming of obsession with technical limitations and theory, and just giving plain old serendipity a chance.

Sometimes I shoot my 6x7 without the lens mounted, just held in front of the mount, so that I can tilt and shift as I please. A shroud of black duct tape is a serviceable enough bellows. That's pretty f*cking lomo, if you ask me.
    nice

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin