Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,563   Posts: 1,573,345   Online: 1040
      
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 121
  1. #41
    Stephanie Brim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Iowa
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    1,607
    Blog Entries
    1
    Images
    21
    Considering that all they have to do is search 'film photography' on Google to see that this is not the case, why be worried about that?
    No idea what's going to happen next, but I'm hoping it involves being wrist deep in chemicals come the weekend.

  2. #42
    Andy K's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Sunny Southend, England.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    9,422
    Images
    81
    Quote Originally Posted by wildbill View Post
    it's hipster for CRAP.
    Yeah, those little Lomo LC-A cameras are terrible...


    LCABug by Takumar, on Flickr

    The Minitar-1 1:2.8 32mm lens is superb.
    Last edited by Andy K; 11-26-2012 at 04:31 PM. Click to view previous post history.


    -----------My Flickr-----------
    Anáil nathrach, ortha bháis is beatha, do chéal déanaimh.

  3. #43

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    UK
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    1,791
    If your only exposure to Stieglitz (or any photography) was his portrait of Oscar Bluemner, then you might think all photography was blurry, brown and contrastless.

    The idea that those who use "lomo" cameras are so ignorant and ill-informed that they are incapable of looking further than wacky colours and light leaks ... well, I think it's a false assumption based on limited evidence, shall we say ...

  4. #44
    Andy K's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Sunny Southend, England.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    9,422
    Images
    81
    Quote Originally Posted by pdeeh

    The idea that those who use "lomo" cameras are so ignorant and ill-informed that they are incapable of looking further than wacky colours and light leaks ... well, I think it's a false assumption based on limited evidence, shall we say ...
    I'd say that view is based on outright uninformed snobbery. But then I've never been one to mince my words.


    -----------My Flickr-----------
    Anáil nathrach, ortha bháis is beatha, do chéal déanaimh.

  5. #45
    JBrunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    6,784
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy K View Post
    I'd say that view is based on outright uninformed snobbery. But then I've never been one to mince my words.
    I agree with Andy. There are a lot of ways to make a photograph. Running down someone else's isn't one of them.

    As far as what things sell for, the market determines that. If you think you can do better for cheaper, consider yourself wise or lucky or both.

  6. #46

    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Posts
    16,883
    Images
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy K View Post
    Yeah, those little Lomo LC-A cameras are terrible...


    LCABug by Takumar, on Flickr

    The Minitar 1 1:2.8 32mm lens is superb.
    thats sweet andy !
    i have a soft spot for slug bugs
    l might be wrong but it looks like a 72'

  7. #47
    Andy K's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Sunny Southend, England.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    9,422
    Images
    81
    Quote Originally Posted by jnanian View Post
    thats sweet andy !
    i have a soft spot for slug bugs
    l might be wrong but it looks like a 72'
    It was indeed a '72. A 1200 DeLuxe, upgraded to a 1600 with twin Webbers etc. Rebuilt from a wreck by my own hand. Best car I ever had.


    -----------My Flickr-----------
    Anáil nathrach, ortha bháis is beatha, do chéal déanaimh.

  8. #48

    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Posts
    16,883
    Images
    23
    it's kind of sucks that photographers ( digital or chemical ) are so insecure
    they have to cut down people who don't practice the same sort of photography as them.

    i'd rather look at a stack of "flawed" images than a handful of clinical ones

  9. #49

    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Posts
    16,883
    Images
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy K View Post
    It was indeed a '72. A 1200 DeLuxe, upgraded to a 1600 with twin Webbers etc. Rebuilt from a wreck by my own hand. Best car I ever had.
    i feel for you. we had a 72 1600 and a 73 super ... both both rebuilt by us, both gone now ... the best cars i ever owned.
    a neighbor a few miles away has one i see every time i ride my bike, i keep wanting to make him an offer and buy it from him ...

  10. #50
    Stephanie Brim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Iowa
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    1,607
    Blog Entries
    1
    Images
    21
    I'd love one, but the problem is that my husband finds them very impractical when we can only get one more car. Heh.
    No idea what's going to happen next, but I'm hoping it involves being wrist deep in chemicals come the weekend.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast


 

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:



Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin