Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,338   Posts: 1,537,685   Online: 956

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    These are deleted posts.

At least deleted posts look like these.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by polyglot View Post
    Is anyone else seeing ic-racer and Gerald's posts hidden above? I'm seeing Gerald at #7 (film speeds), two greyed-out boxes (ic-racer, Gerald at 11 minutes apart) then Gerald again ("over the years") as post #8. It's very odd.
    I deleted my post because the question I asked was answered in snaggs' other thread on 70mm film.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Sixty or more years ago films with similar names may have indeed been similar. However, as applications changed and technology advanced the films also changed to satisfy customer needs. To learn about the film only concern your self with data generated on that specific film code 2405. Trademark names can be used on different products, the film codes are usually the best identifier. I say usually because some film codes can be reassigned after 10 year or longer period of not being used.

Bob
    Author of: http://makingkodakfilm.com

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Kodak Double-X 2405

Quote Originally Posted by polyglot View Post
    The Aerecon has extended-red sensitivity therefore a 2-stop filter factor with #25A instead of 3-stop. Hard to tell much from that comparison image since the contrast is different but maybe there's reduced green sensitivity. Maybe not.
    Is this true of all aerial films?

Should I be using a red 25 filter with a 2 stop adjustment on my GAF aero film?

~Stone

The Noteworthy Ones - Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1 / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shooter
    Multi Format
    No these are deleted posts. IIRC these were once marked as such automatically.
    A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral.

~Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Haze reflects blue light and so extended red sensitivity is needed to see thru the haze. So I would say yes all aeriographic films have this property. This can be seen from looking at the spectral sensitivity curves for the films.
    Last edited by Gerald C Koch; 11-27-2012 at 03:59 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral.

~Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Thankyou Bob! I shall read your site.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I was confused because I'm used to seeing "post deleted by X because Y" but they're just blank rectangles and they have no sequence number attached to them. If you know for sure they're deleted, that's cool.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    For some time the "deleted" reference has vanished from those post. There are a lot of these bugs around at apug by now.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin