Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,677   Posts: 1,482,053   Online: 888

Thread: Making d-23

Shooter
    35mm

Making d-23

Hi,

If I make 1 liter of d-23 stock (7.5 metol, 100 SS) are 250 ml of this stock solution enough for 1 roll of 135 film?

Thanks.

Shooter
    35mm
    Yes, of course, if your tank is suited for only 250 ml of solution (my old Jobo needs 260 ml). Normally D-23 is for repeated use for several rolls of film.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Should do. I do use 500mL of anything that I dilute, like d-76 1+1, and use an empty reel to keep the loaded one from sloshing around and introducing surge marks through the sprocket holes.
    my real name, imagine that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You should be fine even if you dilute the D-23 1+1.
    A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral.

~Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerald C Koch View Post
    You should be fine even if you dilute the D-23 1+1.
    Is that 125 ml d-23 + 125 ml water?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Correct I typically do this for Ilford Pan-F which tends to be a bit contrasty.
    A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral.

~Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pierods View Post
    Is that 125 ml d-23 + 125 ml water?
    If you want 250cc of working solution, yes. But don't forget to adjust the development time accordingly (the developer is diluted).
    "The problem with photography is that it only deals with appearances." Duane Michals

"A photograph is a secret of a secret. The more it tells you the less you know." Diane Arbus

Shooter
    Multi Format
    But like Mike said, but in a different way, you should fill the tank. If it holds 500ml, then make that much, even if only one roll, to keep the developer from sloshing around and having possible surge issues or bubbles. Always leave a bit of room in the tank, though, for the chems to move around for agitation.
    I always measure what it takes to just cover the reels with 2 reels in the tank (I don't have a single reel tank), then add a bit more - which for my system is 425ml. Ensures covering the reels, and enough space for movement. Also works for 120 film, 1 roll. I make 500, use 425, and dump the rest if it's one shot.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin