Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,829   Posts: 1,582,237   Online: 1045

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Freestyle still has the FB, so I don't know what this means.
    No idea what's going to happen next, but I'm hoping it involves being wrist deep in chemicals come the weekend.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If a product is not made yet or never more, in both cases that does not mean it vanishes from shelves or warehouses immediately.
    Though in some cases manufacturers report a product out of production just when the last lot has left their warehouse.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I still have a little of the Fiber, but when I tried to re-order I got the quote mentioned above as a reply. Wynit is the distributor for the USA (which includes Freestyle/B&H/etc.) I tried to order both the RC and fiber.
    --------------------
    "Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it." -Paul Strand

www.glasskeyphoto.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    This isn't good. I was just getting ready to test the FB version for my own use and order a box of the RC for an after school class I am hoping to teach this spring. I guess I may need to adjust my plans. Thanks for the heads up.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    But why not put this issue here

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum246/

directly or transfer it there?

Simon seems to be around frequently.

Shooter
    35mm
    It seems strange to me that the information in that same "product note" was not quoted in full. The impression given by quoting one small part of the information out of context is unlike the text in full. Why was this done?

The full product note is found in the Ilford Titan pinhole camera kit, regarding the content of the kit. Here is the full text:

*****PLEASE NOTE*****

We have encountered technical problems coating the HARMAN DIRECT POSITIVE RC paper. The result of this is that we cannot release the product to end users and as a consequence the product is now out of stock. At this point, whilst our R&D team work on the problem, we are unable to advise when the product will become available.

Initially, in the ILFORD Pinhole Photography Kit we have substituted the RC product with 10 sheets of HARMAN DIRECT POSITIVE FB paper, which is in stock with no supply issues.

As a gesture of goodwill we have now also included free of charge an additional 10 sheets 4 x 5 inch ILFORD MULTIGRADE IV RC, which can be used to make a paper negative.

We sincerely apologise for this enforced change to our publicised intention, and are sure you will agree that by adding the MULTIGRADE paper the kit has been enhanced.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jnanian View Post
    sorry to sound confused,
    but does this mean the FB version
    may still be available ?
    At the IlfordPhoto site in the products portfolio the RC version has vanished completely (in coordinance with that Ilford note found in the message about their pinhole kit), whereas the fibre version is still listed without comment.

Let's Simon comment on that note from their retailers.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    FB is still listed at harman express with no comment http://www.harmanexpress.com/prods/1...TIVE-PAPER.htm so I doubt there is a supply issue as Ilford Harman are good at keeping people informed.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    "just never have the funds resources and time to
    do everything i want to do "

Ain't that the truth!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    i kind of doubt it , because it was still well presented at photokina in september, but i'm sure simon will comment soon. let's give him a chance before we spread this too far!
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin