Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,907   Posts: 1,555,893   Online: 1015

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    My enlarge came with a timer that I plug the safelight into. I can turn the safelight off. My wet darkroom is in another room and I can use the Gra-Lab there if needed. I use the Gra-Lab for timing film processing with the Jobo.
    The problem using a Gra-Lab "safelight" plug is that... for several minutes of time you are in blissful darkness, then you hear a click. And the safelight comes on. Not necessarily a good thing when developing film. So I plug it into the "enlarger" plug and set the time for a good 20 minutes. Fine when working prints, but my fallacy, my error, comes when developing film with that setup after having done paper... And midway through development I turn on the GraLab to prepare for fixing. Blam. The safelight that I forgot was "on" comes on.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The phosphorescent material on a Gra Lab timer does NOT fog B&W paper, just color paper. It only seems to fog fast B&W films. Remember that the color is green which is an acceptable safelight color for some materials.

Just be careful.

PE

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Agree.

My safelight is plugged into the wall now. So my problem is "nevermore" going to happen.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    mine dims pretty fast so i never have to worry about fogging ...

i usually just set it, and listen for the "click" for when it stops
    ( the alarm is too alarming for me .. )

if i shine a bright flashlight and charge the phosphors it still doesn't
    stay very bright ... it does seem to keep OK time though
    i have never gone the wrong direction with the hands, which usually is
    the reason they die ...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Put the Gra-Lab in the bright sun for an afternoon or fire a strobe at it a few times and the face will be brighter.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin