Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,840   Posts: 1,582,571   Online: 964

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    yes,andi don't see any reason why it should be different
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I now use Adox Selenium in the dilution of 1+30 to about 1+50. I never saw a real difference to the Kodak toner. I tone for about 2 mintes at 24°c. A stronger dilution would work too quickly for me. Then again I only like a slight toning.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    My dilution is 1:5 with different times for different effects.

ged

Shooter
    35mm
    Bob, what are the range of times you use and the effects you are after?

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    i guess I use it the strongest. I sometimes need to tone the Ilford WT to the completely reddish color and I use the toner 1-4.
    Works fine no problems and tones pretty quickly.
    Dennis

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Warm tone papers are much faster... I use 45 seconds generally with Ilford Warmtone and Dektol - this will take a bit of the green out and gives a nice neutral warm tone
    to the paper.

Coldtone papers I will go a bit longer.

Generally with Selenium I am just adding the selenium so it attaches to the silver for archival purposes rather than selenium toning for a look

My main method is to combine bleach sepia first then selenium on warm and cold papers which I believe adds a oommpph to my prints.
    depending on the look I am going for , I will adjust the bleach time from as little as 5 seconds to a full on bleach to get deep browns.

When I feel I can charge more I will add Gold toner after the sepia bath then selenium
    On cold tone papers like Galerie the upper highlights will go peachy warm and the tri tone effect is very compelling but very expensive to work with.

Quote Originally Posted by ged View Post

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Ged

Warm tone papers are much faster... I use 45 seconds generally with Ilford Warmtone and Dektol - this will take a bit of the green out and gives a nice neutral warm tone
    to the paper.

Coldtone papers I will go a bit longer.

Generally with Selenium I am just adding the selenium so it attaches to the silver for archival purposes rather than selenium toning for a look

My main method is to combine bleach sepia first then selenium on warm and cold papers which I believe adds a oommpph to my prints.
    depending on the look I am going for , I will adjust the bleach time from as little as 5 seconds to a full on bleach to get deep browns.

When I feel I can charge more I will add Gold toner after the sepia bath then selenium
    On cold tone papers like Galerie the upper highlights will go peachy warm and the tri tone effect is very compelling but very expensive to work with.

Quote Originally Posted by ged View Post

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin