Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,881   Posts: 1,520,512   Online: 809

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hello Todd;
    Try the following, which has been covered many times! Presoaking, fixer, using Hypo Clearing Agent, and better washing. The Formulary sells a Tmax fixer. In my case turned out to be using old fixer. Now I mix new fixer every 60 days and use HCA, Steven.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hey guys.. I use Ilford Delta 100. I was thnking the fix might be getting tired.

Todd

sly
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yup, probably the fix. I've not had to refix negs since I started using hypo-check.
    Last edited by sly; 12-03-2012 at 02:57 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Stupid auto correct

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Slightly pink hue?

It's so strange on another forum I saw someone say that the newer tri-x just had a pink hue and it was normal, something about the way they did something to it at the factory.

Two we are getting mixed signals, some say age will change the film, some say it won't matter and is aesthetic.

The reason I'm hesitant is more because I have already cut the film into individual pieces and so to re-fix properly I would have to do 15 rolls one image at a time or they will stick together... So I won't do it if its just aesthetic... I did both ilford D3200 and tri-x 400 and only the tri-x is pink.

~Stone

The Noteworthy Ones - Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1 / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I'm not sure a slight pink hue is a bad thing. In my case they were pink enough (and therefore under-fixed enough) that they were cloudy, which was quite apparent when scanning and printing.

I suppose there are some long-term archival considerations but I don't really think that my negatives are that good, I will be doing the world a favour if they don't last.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I've found with Tmax if there is a slight pink hue it will wash out with a 15 minute final wash. With more pink in the film I refix and it all goes away. I've never has any film when dried have a pink hue.
    -Brian R. Beck

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Slightly pink hue?

Yea this was a dry pink hue, it's VERY slight... And I don't have any clarity issues, images are crisp.

~Stone

The Noteworthy Ones - Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1 / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

sly
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Refix! Some of my old negs, a decade or two old are unprintable now. They have nasty yellow-brown splotches. Bad fix will get ya.

You can refix and wash in a tray, if the negs are already cut. A plastic covered paper clip opened into an S, can be looped through a sprocket hole for hanging 35mm strips.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The pink stain is real. For certain in the TMax films. What is it? Why do Kodak put it in the film in the first place?

the villages .centralflorida,USA and Germany
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    to prevent light from bouncing off the film base back into the emulsion. it's called the anti halation layer. it's a good thing!
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin