Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,930   Posts: 1,556,870   Online: 866

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

Slightly pink hue?

Ok.. Developed a roll of 120 this weekend and noticed that they had a slight hue of pink. Is my fix getting tired or d-76?

ToddB

Shooter
    Medium Format
    What film? I know with films I have been using (Delta 400, Tmax 100) they have a slight tint but if there is a lot of pink it's a sign they're not fixed enough. I had to re-fix some negatives a few weeks ago.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    if it's one of the "newer film types" (T Max/Delta) then you need to fix them for 50% longer to get rid of the Pink tint.

From memory when T Max first came out Kodak used to recomment using a particular solution to clear the pink tint form the film base....
    A camera is only a black box with a hole in it....

my blog...some film, some digital http://andrewk1965.wordpress.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I forgot which film has the pink tint. I think it's Tmax. You just need to wash it longer. It will eventually come out. If your developer was tired, then you get totally clear or very thin film. If your fixer was tired, you get creamy film with sort of fogging looking thing all over.

I think what you are observing is the dye... which will wash out if you wash longer.
    Develop, stop, fix.... wait.... where's my film?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It's common with Tmax. I have a green hue in my fix from processing Arista EDU.
    "Photography, like surfing, is an infinite process, a constantly evolving exploration of life."
    Aaron Chang

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I've seen the same pink hue with Tri-X 400 lately and assume that, like with T-MAX, a refix is called for.
    Trying to be the best of whatever I am, even if what I am is no good.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Slightly pink hue?

So what happens if I don't refix it? Will anything bad happen? I've seen the same thing for the newer tri-x 120 I've bought, but the older tri-x is fine and I haven't changed anything in the process... Older like 6 months older... Vs new from store...

~Stone

The Noteworthy Ones - Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1 / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A refix is in order. You may experience image degradation if you dont.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    If the red hue indicates poor fixing (and people more knowledgeable than me say so), you are bound to see all the problems associated with poor fixing, in several years at least.
    Trying to be the best of whatever I am, even if what I am is no good.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    a two-bath fixingandusing a washing aid followed by a 15-minute was will get rid of the pink, or live with it,because it does not that it harm anything.it is purely cosmetic.
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin