Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 76,275   Posts: 1,681,078   Online: 877

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafal Lukawiecki View Post
    Sepiareverb, what was the nature of the issues you had with PhotoFlo that others didn't cause? By the way, I thought Sistan was not a wetting agent, but an anti-silvering protective solution (potassium thiocyanate I think), but I have no experience of it. Got a bottle, though...

PS. MSDS lists Potassium thiocyanate as 15-20% and Polyoxyethylated Octyl Phenol as 5-10%.
    I've had streaks with PhotoFlo and none of the others. I've always mixed chemistry very carefully, to the directions till I find a reason to do otherwise. My final rinse is now a mix of Sistan and Sprint End Run.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    And I have never had a problem with PhotoFlo but then I only have 50 years of experience with it.
    Me too, with the final Photoflo 200 rinse diluted much more than Kodak recommends with the film on SS reels in a tank.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by sepiareverb View Post
    I've had streaks with PhotoFlo and none of the others. I've always mixed chemistry very carefully, to the directions till I find a reason to do otherwise. My final rinse is now a mix of Sistan and Sprint End Run.
    May I suggest you just posted a reason not to follow Kodak's directions? I wash medium format film in 500 mL of distilled water. There is no way I would put 2.5 mL of Photoflo in there as Kodak suggests. I wouldn't even put in a milliliter. I use a medicine dropper and just put in a few drops. As everyone else is posting you only need enough to break surface tension. This thread is comical because Photoflo is the last chemical you really should reuse. It costs literally nothing to mix it up new for each session or as I do for each roll of film. Distilled water is a greater expense at ~$0.84 a gallon.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin