Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,924   Posts: 1,556,673   Online: 1207

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rbarker
    Considering the apparently marginal results others have seen, would it make sense to simply try to sell the color transparency film through a European eBay site to try to recover some of the original investment? Or, would it be possible to work a trade of some sort with your local photo dealer?
    Ralf,
    you're right, of course. Both options are feasible. But the recovery of the investment would be also marginal, if any at all, because the slides are well beyond their expiration date (though I'm sure they're OK because they've been untouched in the fridge). That's why I prefer to use them myself. Their B&W potential has higher value for me than what I'd get from selling them .

rjr
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Kate,

I wrote this in reference to the standard three bath E6 development - the order you have given is the correct one.
    Tschüss,
    Roman

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Kate Mocak
    Ralf,
    you're right, of course. Both options are feasible. But the recovery of the investment would be also marginal, if any at all, because the slides are well beyond their expiration date (though I'm sure they're OK because they've been untouched in the fridge). That's why I prefer to use them myself. Their B&W potential has higher value for me than what I'd get from selling them .
    Kate, what exactly do you have, how old is it, and how has it been stored?

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordan
    Kate, what exactly do you have, how old is it, and how has it been stored?
    10 rolls, originally packed, of Fuji Sensia 100, expiration date March 2004, always stored in the fridge.

rjr
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    That will keep another 5 years. Just wait, perhaps you´ll find a use for it in the mean time.

On the few occasions I shoot color I use a few rolls of Astia and Velvia I bought in 1998....
    Tschüss,
    Roman

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Kate Mocak
    10 rolls, originally packed, of Fuji Sensia 100, expiration date March 2004, always stored in the fridge.
    Kate, that film is practically brand-new! It'll keep for a long time. I recently used a bunch of Fuji MS100/1000 that expired in 2000 and it came out just fine. I have also been using up a large batch of Fuji Sensia from October 2003 that looks great also, and I bought a 100' roll of Velvia 50 (expired in 1998) for US$5 and am looking forward to trying it out...

If I were you I would keep it in the fridge or freezer and use it when you feel like it. It should keep for a long time. Don't forget to let the film warm to room temperature before removing it from the plastic container.

Images
    So you guys are telling me that one day I may want to do colour again ...

If you say 5 more years then I can really postpone my decision about what to do with it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin