Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,705   Posts: 1,482,747   Online: 987

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Med. Format RF

Re: The Caffenol Cookbook

'
    Quote Originally Posted by FiatluX View Post
    The first edition of the mobile version is now online!
    I like the content (did not yet read everything though), but a pdf for offline reading would be much better imho.

Stefan

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk 2

Shooter
    Medium Format
    This seems quite nice.

However, the presentation medium is doing a great disservice to it.

Three aspects are extremely unfortunate:

1. The font, which does improve upon full page load, is still quite fuzzy.
    2. Pages weigh in between 14kb and over 1mb! Each page is stored as a separate .swf file, apparently as an image (including the text pages) with almost no compression whatsoever. This causes a delay of several seconds per page flip.
    3. It pegs the CPU if the mouse pointer is anywhere within the page. Don't try to read it on a laptop!

Shooter
    Medium Format

Fix for Fuzzy type

Quote Originally Posted by wager123 View Post
    i can't even read the printing it's so out of focus. would love to read it i could.
    For what it's worth, if you hold your cursor at the bottom of the page, you get a magnification slider that allows you to blow up the print. Mine became clear and readable at 150%.

Regards

Shooter
    35mm

Re: The Caffenol Cookbook

Thanks for the link!

Micah in NC

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

The Caffenol Cookbook

I don't understand the point of this? I can't find any recipes just examples of photographers work, it says "cookbook" but I only see page after page of images, and the scrolling is ridiculous. I didn't have any issues with blur at all like others mention but I'm on an iPad.

Can you please explain.

~Stone

The Important Ones - Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1 / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    35mm
    unfriendly interface for me...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    I don't understand the point of this? I can't find any recipes just examples of photographers work, it says "cookbook" but I only see page after page of images, and the scrolling is ridiculous. I didn't have any issues with blur at all like others mention but I'm on an iPad.

Can you please explain.

~Stone

The Important Ones - Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1 / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    stone

the recipes are in the back AFTER the photographs ... beginning at about page 68 ..

Shooter
    Large Format

Caffeic Acid quatity known?

fyi Recipe section of the cookbook is now a download pdf at the site. It reads clearly.

98% pure lab grade Caffeic acid is available. About $40 US for 2 grams. Has anyone discovered the actual amount of caffeic acid released from the 'coffee crystals' of choice. Note: the high purity goodie is not listed as soluble in water; (solubility ethanol: soluble50 mg/mL).
    Last edited by gleaf; 02-03-2013 at 12:44 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jnanian View Post
    stone

the recipes are in the back AFTER the photographs ... beginning at about page 68 ..
    Seriously? that's ridiculous... why would I want to click through 60+ pages of other peoples work... that's just idiotic...
    Last edited by StoneNYC; 02-03-2013 at 04:34 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Spelling

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gleaf View Post
    fyi Recipe section of the cookbook is now a download pdf at the site. It reads clearly.

98% pure lab grade Caffeic acid is available. About $40 US for 2 grams. Has anyone discovered the actual amount of caffeic acid released from the 'coffee crystals' of choice. Note: the high purity goodie is not listed as soluble in water; (solubility ethanol: soluble50 mg/mL).
    Oh good..

A few things, there's still a lot of talk between the pertinent info, it would be good to make this more concise. There also seem to be a few different versions of the recipe with no real standard on what the times/temps are for each film and dev combo, it's kind of confusing.

I would applaud the OP in putting this together, its really a great bit of info and I'm sure it's not the OP's day job so it's really kind of all the Photogs to have contributed and put this together. At least there's a PDF now I can put on my phone...

However having an actual appendix with a full dev chart would REALLY add to this, just a time/temp/film thing for best results instead of "well I usually develop this at 9-11 minutes" which honestly drives any precision photographer up the wall ... "well which is it!!?? 9, 11, 9:13, 10:27 etc etc... I can tell you more do this haphazardly based on your writing, but to some of us having precise data to start out with is really the only way to get us started, we may not want to experiment so much before knowing the proper dev times etc.

Thanks for putting this together and I hope you keep on improving upon this.

~Stone

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin