Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,702   Posts: 1,482,652   Online: 649

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format

The Caffenol Cookbook

Sorry if already posted somewhere else here.

http://caffenol-cookbook.com/

Quote from the help page:

"Who? What? Why?

Well, basically we are a mixed bunch of people from all over the globe, all using variations of the same developer. We met thru Flickr, Apug etc. We compared our results, experimented, tried and developed our own new formulas and discussed the further evolution of coffee developers. It is our belief that Caffenol can compete with the best commercial developers out there, in addition it is the ONLY developer that you can safely pour out in the sink and dispose of thru the sewer system without any hazards to the environment apart from the negative side effects of too much caffeine in the occasional rat..

This book is intended for beginners, intermediate and advanced users alike. Although a basic understanding of analog b/w film development probably is best, anyone with an exposed b/w film, a film development tank, access to clean running water, the neccessary ingredients and a fixer bath can achieve marvelous results from the first try using any of the recipes provided and described in this book. Caffenol developers have gained huge momentum with enthusiasts all over the world because of their characteristics, versatility, availability and last but not least their unique environment friendly footprint. We, the authors have created this book both as a inspirational guide for anyone interested in trying or expanding on Caffenol and as a showcase of the Caffenol developers many state of the art abilities. It is also a perhaps romantic voyage into a more archaic form of photography, as was prevalent in the last century, where craftmanship and a honed, tacit, and careful “innate” sensibility for making seemed more natural then than in this fastpaced "online" commercialized era."

Thanks a lot for your interest - Reinhold G.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I had a quick look and quit after a few pages, this is a really irritating way to read something.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Athiril View Post
    I had a quick look and quit after a few pages, this is a really irritating way to read something.
    I will second the sentiments on this being an irritating way to read something. Possibly some good information here but I'm likely not going to find out for sure...

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    i can't even read the printing it's so out of focus. would love to read it i could.
    mitch brown

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I was able to read it with no problem but I prefer to read on my iPad and the format it's in does not run on iPad. Might I suggest a PDF version. PDF files can be read on virtually any device so this would allow users flexibility.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Not too bad. Some pages took a few moments to fully load so the print did not clear right away, but when it did it was no longer fuzzy.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Excellent job!
    A great source of information and free.
    Thank You very much.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    The pages preload dynamically so the the blurriness will go away eventually as stated by Pioneer above!
    And a mobile version is in the making for all pads, phones and whatnots.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Thank you for publishing this! It's interesting and well done.
    As others have said, the text becomes sharp after a few seconds.
    Is a pdf available?

Mark Overton

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    The first edition of the mobile version is now online!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin