Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,913   Posts: 1,521,696   Online: 1056

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    OP, What didn't you like about Thornton's Two Bath? I recently tried it and like it very much. I can now do two or more emulsions at the same time with time, temp and agitation not being that critical. I like the way my highlights don't blow out in contrasty light and the mix is easy and cheap as I have had all the chemicals for many years.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    DK-50 is a old common formula that was for deep tank and "press" use so it times are very short for 1:0 and even 1:1, but it has a nice 'brilliance' and a very nice and pronounced grain effect. Works much better than the common wisdom would have you think. Lasts a Long time, is easy to make and cheap, especially if you have the Sodium Metaborate around.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by RidingWaves View Post
    DK-50 is a old common formula that was for deep tank and "press" use so it times are very short for 1:0 and even 1:1, but it has a nice 'brilliance' and a very nice and pronounced grain effect. Works much better than the common wisdom would have you think. Lasts a Long time, is easy to make and cheap, especially if you have the Sodium Metaborate around.
    That sounds really nice. Pronounced grain, lasts a long time. Yes please. I have a bottle of undiluted rodinal I'm working through very slowly, any idea how long that is supposed to last?
    Ever used DK-50 as a paper developer?

Robert, I may not have used it for the right situation. And I probably didn't know what I was looking for anyways. Would you tell me some more about your experience with it? I guess it might be worth trying again, I'm still a novice at judging exposure and development factors.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin