Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,212   Posts: 1,532,022   Online: 1174

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by NDP_2010 View Post
    thanks for the information

another quick question; do you develop your first development as you normally would a negative, or do you add extra time for development?
    I'm nailing the development times down using the paper developer Rollei RPN. I use milliliters versus the notation 1+n just because it's more scientific and practical to me.
    The last trial tonight was 40ml Rollei RPN plus 260ml water. All other parameters were left untouched. I agitate like this: 1 inversion every 15 seconds (except the bleach where I use 1 inversion every 5 seconds). The aim is 12 minutes in the first developer. With this configuration the frame exposed at 200 iso is just perfect.
    To get the frame exposed at 100 iso perfect too I guess I've to diluite more or less minutes.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tofek View Post
    How did you achieve to get the crystal clear base, while it's blue when ordinary processed ?
    My Foma 100 from 35mm bulk rolls has a very faint grey coloured base. My 120 roll film on the other hand has a really really blue base. The Foma 100 120 while processes well for me as reversal, it views and projects poorly because of its base colour.
    Cheers - Andy C
    ---------------------

16mm Cine, 35mm, 120, 5x4 & 7x5.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    ..all foma film except fomaR, 200T 35mm & 800T [now discontinued] are poor films for reversal processing - reasons are too long to even post. Use the ILFORD or ROLLEI or ADOX-SILVERMAX films. Time is better spent elsewhere.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    How does the Foma R100 compare with Adox Silvermax ? Both rich in silver, both on transparent support...

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Tofek View Post
    How does the Foma R100 compare with Adox Silvermax ? Both rich in silver, both on transparent support...
    If Adox Silvermax is similar to Apx100 all I can say is that you'll get very good slides using it.

Shooter
    35mm
    Some samples are available (Fomapan 100 classic). I'm against posting them on the net 'cause looking at a scan is not the proper way to appreciate or criticize a slide.
    Samples are available by traditional mail upon request (for free).
    Last edited by Alessandro Serrao; 12-26-2012 at 08:57 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    A strange thing happens: around highlights, where there's a strong transition from white to black, there's a slight white halo. Is there anyone that can explain this?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin